Hacking Im interested in wii hacking but...

Phreshmilk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well im afraid of bricking my wii.A friend of mine recently got his bricked and i dont want to have to get a new one.I wanted to have a little fun and play around with hacking but I really really dont want to make my wii into a huge red paperweight.Any tips?

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
The most important thing (in my opinion) is to install BootMii & Priiloader, and get a NAND dump of your system in working order. Keep that NAND dump backed up in a few places, and you should always be able to restore your system back to working order.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most bricks happen either by not knowing what you're doing, or following outdated guides. My advice is to keep things calm, read carefully, learn about how the wii and the exploits work and get familiar with the terms before actually doing something with your console. The sticky isn't stickied without reason. The link to the complete softmod guide is an important one. And when you finally decide to actually do something...there is modmii to help you.

I also strongly second Category's tip. bootmii is similar to a backup program for windows, so there is no reason NOT to get it. And if you have a red wii, you'll need to install priiloader as well before doing anything fancy (bootmii will make the backup...but in case things DO get out of hand, you'll need a way to access it).

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Most bricks happen either by not knowing what you're doing, or following outdated guides. My advice is to keep things calm, read carefully, learn about how the wii and the exploits work and get familiar with the terms before actually doing something with your console. The sticky isn't stickied without reason. The link to the complete softmod guide is an important one. And when you finally decide to actually do something...there is modmii to help you.

I also strongly second Category's tip. bootmii is similar to a backup program for windows, so there is no reason NOT to get it. And if you have a red wii, you'll need to install priiloader as well before doing anything fancy (bootmii will make the backup...but in case things DO get out of hand, you'll need a way to access it).

I'm presuming that since your Wii is red it's the new Mario bundle. You'll only be able to install BootMii as IOS, which is still BootMii, it's just not the incredible safety net it is for earlier consoles. That said, I urge you to be very careful with Preloader; and, as always, make sure you absolutely know what you are doing before you do it.

Reading is fundamental.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You extend the life of your wii greatly by hacking it.
It is reversible (Although tracable).
Nintendo does take back bricked wii if its under warranty... Just say you dont know how hacked it got on...
YOUR WII WONT BRICK IF YOU ARE NOT FOOLISH(and use modmii;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ