If someone offered you a 100% free Wii U, would you take it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so, If someone offered you a Free Wii U, would you take it? no games with it, but all the cords and controllers and whatnot do come with it. I personally would, but I'd be getting an NX anyway, so it kind of defeats the purpose, huh?
Who knows if the NX will have backwards compatibility? There are still a handful of Wii U games worth playing and if it's free... why is this even a question?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
There is a classic economics question they pose to students about whether they would take $10 offered them today or next week, this is not even that though.
And for anyone wondering what the difference is... The time value of money. $10 today is slightly more valuable than $10 next week and much more valuable than $10 in a few years.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And for anyone wondering what the difference is... The time value of money. $10 today is slightly more valuable than $10 next week and much more valuable than $10 in a few years.
What if I am desperately fiscally irresponsible but doing fine this week and the week delay acts as a time release trust fund?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then buy all the vodka and hookers that $10 will get. Live like rent's not due next week!
So I am up a shot and a flash, and down another $50 as I was on a roll and didn't feel like stopping.

That said my favourite quote was one I heard on freakonomics concerning this. It ran "the only predictor the $10 now or next week test was good for was predicting whether someone was an economics/accounting/[insert similar field] major".

Though I think my personal position is it is just $10, not worth my time considering -- I don't take copper change if I am paying attention because the time it takes out of my life using and spending is less than it is worth to me.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
That said my favourite quote was one I heard on freakonomics concerning this. It ran "the only predictor the $10 now or next week test was good for was predicting whether someone was an economics/accounting/[insert similar field] major".
Aaaaand you had an accounting graduate respond. The prophecy is fulfilled.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, If someone offered you a Free Wii U, would you take it? no games with it, but all the cords and controllers and whatnot do come with it. I personally would, but I'd be getting an NX anyway, so it kind of defeats the purpose, huh?

Thats so silly question. I would get it and keep it myself as a free gift and buy NX after that. It is only a dream. A rare offered a free Wii U. Almost impossible.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Of fucking course I would take it! Thing is goddamn expensive and rare down here, I never even saw one IRL.
Even if it wasn't and I already had one, I'd still pick it up... BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING FREE.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I wouldn't accept a free Wii-U because it would take up valuable space in my closet and collect dust while I wait for a decent game to be released on it.

Even if i did accept it with the intention of selling it for cash, it'll be like trying to sell CRT TV/monitor for real money; nobody wants an outdated peice of sh*t!

I cant even sell my almost brand new Wii-U ready to play with Loadiine and hacked vWii+wiimote..... It's been on the market for months.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if i did accept it with the intention of selling it for cash, it'll be like trying to sell CRT TV/monitor for real money; nobody wants an outdated peice of sh*t!

I cant even sell my almost brand new Wii-U ready to play with Loadiine and hacked vWii+wiimote..... It's been on the market for months.

If they are good CRTs I will take them. A lot of the TVs are great for old games (they support low res and have crazy low latency) and some of the old monitors can be juiced to run at nice and high resolutions (maybe not 4K but often enough 1440 vertical res is doable) and also quite high refresh rates and low latencies.

Equally if you can't sell it then maybe your price is too high.

Konno Ryo

gbatemp's clueless butler?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If someone offered me a free WiiU I would take it, my Wii died ages ago and all I got to play on my TV is my ANCIENT PSX.
Ohh and it is F@#KING FRREEEEEE!!!!!!
Also Its free.

D

Deleted User

I'd take any console for free.
A second Wii U would be great for playing online, I have to sit on the lower firmware with no internet to use loadiine:(.
I know theres firmware spoofing but I don't really want to do that.
For people who don't have a Wii U, they should take it because there are a few gems on the Wii U.
And for people who really don't like it and won't touch it, they should resell it. Its not like trying to sell an ancient computer, it will get you something.
Can't think of any reason you wouldn't take it. You could curb stomp it if you were really inclined.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted User

YES.

Also getting an NX. Hope it's better than Wii U!
ALSO Can't wait for Tokyo Mirage! So hyped but I am afraid it's going to be weeb trash. Too much fanservice ugh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2