Hacking If i put in wiikey 1.3 config disc after 1.9g

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and 1.9b didnt flash . ( im assuming its a clone now) can this screw up the clone or will it not even recognize it. if it does and i change to region free does it mean i have a legit wiikey and would 1.9g work now . also can clones be updated w/ wiikey software or are they non upgradable

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some clones cannot be upgraded, not sure what you mean with the rest.
the G flashes -> great. If it doesn't -> blad clone.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to find out if i have a clone or not . I was going to try 1.3 config disc to see if it even recognizes it, since it wouldnt flash 1.9g or 1.9b. im just scared i could screw up the clone and no games will play.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im trying to find out if i have a clone or not . I was going to try 1.3 config disc to see if it even recognizes it, since it wouldnt flash 1.9g or 1.9b. im just scared i could screw up the clone and no games will play.
nah config disc shouldn't screw it up.. but if it didn't flash B or G you probably have a clone. The discs booted but you got a check your connections error? or did the discs not boot?
if they didn't boot there's hope ;p

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit. If it is a true clone it will update just fine. The probable cause is a bad install or bad burns of the update disc. Did you try any config disc at all?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit.  If it is a true clone it will update just fine.  The probable cause is a bad install or bad burns of the update disc.  Did you try any config disc at all?

its not a true clone though, most clones use cheaper parts to reduce production costs
By true clone I mean an ATMEGA8L chip. As for cheaper parts, please look at your Wiikey and tell me what parts are cheaper? It's a chip, two capacitors, and a resistor.

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im burning 1.3 config now then what ,so i put in and what should i change , with settings to make 1.9g work . if it allows
me to change anything what should i change andwill this confirm its a wiikey. im burning dvd-r. I read somewhere to use dvd rw
is this true ? Im using sony and maxell s w/ imgburn and nero. Any other burning ideas? Of course i also read if i try to update clone w/ wii 3.1 i will brick wii so im scared the kids would kill me hheellpp

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dvd-r is fine.. what error does 1.3 give?
And lazycus it doesn't have to be a proper clone >< there is a possibility it's a crappy clone that cannot upgrade at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1