I think I really F up my ear.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... how about a kind of obvious answer but for some reason hasn't been mentioned. They make ear flush kits that can be bought at any Wal-Mart and/or drugstore... It'll break up the wax and everything will just kind of run out. I mean, it's meant for your ear so it can't really cause any more damage and they're like 5 bucks.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember back in 2011, my ear had a ton of wax, so I used a q-tip, big mistake. My right ear went pretty much deaf due to pushing the wax back. Shit sucked, I had to endure being deaf in one ear for a week. You get disoriented easy with only one ear working.n Plus, I had to hear my own voice when ever I spoke, ughhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, I went to the ER, they flushed my ears out, it looks scary, but, omg, it feels sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. When I could hear again, everything was so LOUD and I could hear waterfalls.

In other words, go to the ER!

Reactions: bennyman123abc

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... how about a kind of obvious answer but for some reason hasn't been mentioned. They make ear flush kits that can be bought at any Wal-Mart and/or drugstore... It'll break up the wax and everything will just kind of run out. I mean, it's meant for your ear so it can't really cause any more damage and they're like 5 bucks.
Wal-Mart is 5 mplac
I would drive myself to the hospital to the emergency thing, like right now.
lol. i. just. fucking. forgot. that. i. walked. by. 2. fucking. hospitals. while. walking. home. today.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember back in 2011, my ear had a ton of wax, so I used a q-tip, big mistake. My right ear went pretty much deaf due to pushing the wax back. Shit sucked, I had to endure being deaf in one ear for a week. You get disoriented easy with only one ear working.n Plus, I had to hear my own voice when ever I spoke, ughhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, I went to the ER, they flushed my ears out, it looks scary, but, omg, it feels sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing. When I could hear again, everything was so LOUD and I could hear waterfalls.

In other words, go to the ER!
ER?? Does that mean Emergency Room or something? also, how long did you have to wait until they call you in? was it expensive if it cost money? cuz I'm poor asf. @Viri

Last edited by Pokem,

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doctors use a thin cable with a camera that has a little claw, this is so they can see deep inside the ear and ''grab'' either impacted wax or objects impacted in the ear.

I woudln't stress this too much , avoid getting water inside your ear and try not to get dirt on your face

It is highly unlike you would get any ear damage at worst a minor ear infection because your wax isn't properly exiting your ear at night like it normally should ( as well as the dirt trapped in said wax).

Years ago when i was only 7 orso i wouldn't properly clean my ears, this caused itching and scratching inside my ear and i would accidentally make my ear bleed because of the scratching. This caused me to get a mild ear infection, a little painful but nothing bad. I don't think your impacted cotton can't be any worse than this, if you can go to a doctor quicker you should.

Typically when i go for an ear cleaning once every couple of years they use a pump like water spray , the objective is to overflow my ear and cause everything inside to eject out with the water ( wax). They sell ear fax cleaning kits in places like walgreens or cvs but these things are well supposed to break up wax not cotton...

You could do s test before you go and buy one of these kits. Get a cotton ball or rip out the tip of a swab put salt and water in a spray bottle and wet it, Then see how well it dissolves. It it dissolves to your satisfaction try those ear wax cleaning kits ( they have saline)

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the future, look up something called Clinere at your local drug store. They are q tip sized but are plastic and have a little silicon scoop at the end - WAY better for actually removing wax from your ear. May even work to get your cotton out, but if it were me I'd take the advice of letting a doctor handle it at this point.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Viri i just read the second quote in your sig . . . dude i am laughing so hard i'm crying right now, dude please tell me you edited that
Sadly not :(

Did it cost money? If so, how expensive?
Also, how long did they take to call you into the room?
Depends on how crowded the ER is. I guess 45min~1hour of wait and maybe 10~15 mins with the doc. It should be covered by medical. Sadly I had no medical in 2011, and yea...

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
They say specifically on the Q-tip boxes to not put them in your ear. To avoid legal trouble when the loose cotton screws something up. But everyone does it anyways, because really, how else do you get ear wax out without having to go gold digging?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Go to the doctor ASAP.
I would strongly suggest you don't try to take it out yourself as you might damage your hearing.
Also, don't pour water in because you will make it worse and even probably start an infection sooner.
If you have to pay, pay. Go to the doctor ASAP.
If you can't go to the doctor because... you live in a hut in the middle of a deserted island and boats only come by on Mondays (?) then don't do anything until you visit the doctor, but better go ASAP.

And pay attention when you use q-tips, those things can be dangerous if you don't, there is a reason they are not recommended to be used in ears at all.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
D

Deleted User

Jesus christ, my worst nightmare in one thread.

Don't use Q-tips unless you're insane.

D

Deleted-355425

Don't do anything until you seek medical advice from a doctor or hospital.

D

Deleted User

you... know what... I don't mind trying it in the shower IF what you're saying is true... don't judge me.
how long do i have to wait for the piss to break up the wax? (lol i know how ridiculous that sentence look and sound)
"Hey guys, I got this shit stuck in my ear but i want to make it even worse, how do i piss into my ear?"

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
take and pointy object and put it in you other ear, then it will come out on the other side and push the cotton out

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When I read the title I thought it was about earphones.
I once stuck a piece of bubblegum deep into my nose. Doctor said I was lucky it wasn't a solid object like a pen cap because it could've been dangerous to pull it out. Luckily, all went well and extracting it was easy.

As for you, I also have an audition problem. My ear produces a little bit too much wax and it clogs up my ears.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get to a doctor / emergency room asap. If that's the 17th, I'm sure you'll live. And a few days won't kill you or (assuming there's no pain) make you deaf. But I'd keep that earhole, and the cotton you stuffed in there, dry until then.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: