Hacking Question I need help deciding how to proceed to set up emuNAND on my switch

HansAlbertRum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

I want to configure my switch from CFW on sysNAND to CFW on emuNAND and OFW on sysNAND.

What I have:
  • An unpatched, unbanned switch with firmware 8.1 with burned fuses, currently completely offline and with CFW.
  • A clean NAND backup with firmware 6.2
  • A dirty (because I was stupid) NAND backup with firmware 8.1 .
So as my clean backup is on 6.2 and my fuses are burned up to 8.1 I can't just restore it and procceed. From what I know, I have the following options:
  • Restore the NAND backup with firmware 6.2 and boot via Hekate without CFW (should skip the fuses check and leave no traces on the console), update online and set up emuNAND. There is a risk that Nintendo will notice that the same console has been updated twice from firmware 6.2 to a higher version and ban it.
  • Restore the NAND backup with firmware 6.2 and boot via Hekate with CFW. Install the firmware update to 8.1 via ChoiDujourNX. As I've read, this will reset the console to factory defaults, which should help to avoid a ban. There is a risk that traces are left behind. Maybe a factory reset afterwards, if that helps?
  • Haku33. I've only read about its existence and what it can do, but haven't found any useful reports besides "it works" (no long term experience with regard to a ban).

I've done some research, but found contradictory information about my options and which one is the safest to avoid a ban on sysNAND.
Any help and advice is highly apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your first option will be fine. Restore boot0/1 and NAND.

Then setup your emuMMC with Hekate;
- Download latest Hekate
- Extract "bootloader" folder to SD card
- Inject Hekate bin payload

Create emuMMC partition:
- In Hekate, select "Tools"
- Select "Archive bit * AutoRCM * Touch Tuning"
- Select "Partition SD Card"
- Drag slider for "emuMMC (RAW)" so it's 29GB then "Next Step"
- Select "Start", wait then tap OK and close

Create emuMMC:
- In Hekate, tap "emuMMC"
- Select "Create emuMMC"
- Select "SD Partition"
- Select "Part 1", wait then select "Close" when done
- emuMMC info should show enabled, if not change emuMMC to SD RAW1

Reactions: HansAlbertRum

HansAlbertRum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your replies. The first option is my favorite because that will keep my BotW save without having to inject it manually ^_^

Also thanks to scandal_uk for the summary of how to set up an emuMMC.

Reactions: scandal_uk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Made in China is back to what it was in the 80s lol +2