hwfly v5 clone on erista / mariko bright led flash, then boots OFW only

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've been battling this for a couple of days. At first I put this modchip in my Erista and it failed to boot the chip firmware. Now I moved it into a Mariko same thing. My SP1 and SP2 look good on both systems. The LED flashes really bright I think light blue one time and then turns off and the systems boot OFW "Nintendo" logo.

Does anyone know what's up with this? Defective chip? Faulty FW? I can't get my windows PC to detect the hwfly. It says "Unknown device".

I have searched the web a whole bunch of times and can't seem to find an answer.

thanks

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If your soldering is tight, could be defective flex and/or defective chip. I had faulty CPU cable in the past, the MOSFETs are poorly soldered on these cheap parts. Post some high-res pictures of the install, this could help.

When you connect the chip via USB adapter to your PC, is there a COM port assigned to it? If so, download SSH program like PuTTY, connect the chip via USB and in SSH open a terminal to the COM port assigned to your chip. Then run "R" for reset, the chip should retrain. After run "D" for diagnostics and see if there're errors.

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your soldering is tight, could be defective flex and/or defective chip. I had faulty CPU cable in the past, the MOSFETs are poorly soldered on these cheap parts. Post some high-res pictures of the install, this could help.

When you connect the chip via USB adapter to your PC, is there a COM port assigned to it? If so, download SSH program like PuTTY, connect the chip via USB and in SSH open a terminal to the COM port assigned to your chip. Then run "R" for reset, the chip should retrain. After run "D" for diagnostics and see if there're errors.
nah I don't see any com port being assigned, it just says it is an unrecognized device unless there's something I missed.

Well I have tried 3 different cpu cables by now. two erista (one was original SX Core flex) and one Mariko. my SP1 and SP2 on the erista look great, on the Mariko it is hard to tell but they seem solid. I have re-flowed them a bunch of times, still no luck. I'm in contact with the seller, he/she is going to check with their technician.

I thought these chips were suppose to cycle LEDs even if sp1/sp2 were bad (?) I only get the one led brightly lit up and then nada.

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those chips are quite a mess, sometimes it's like a christmas tree. Seems like it's a chip problem, if I were you I would ask for refund and buy myself a $4 RP2040-zero + 4x 0805 47Ohm resistors.

Since you have already the CPU flex installed and I hope you soldered cables for the rest of the points, installing the PicoFly would be a breethe :)

realtimesave

///AMG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those chips are quite a mess, sometimes it's like a christmas tree. Seems like it's a chip problem, if I were you I would ask for refund and buy myself a $4 RP2040-zero + 4x 0805 47Ohm resistors.

Since you have already the CPU flex installed and I hope you soldered cables for the rest of the points, installing the PicoFly would be a breethe :)
true but on the Erista I can't figure out an alternate RST point that actually works. The RST on the emmc is broken off. seller stopped replying to my messages ugh. I gotta get some sleep. but thanks and I'll try to get some photos soon.
Post automatically merged:

I cleaned up my soldering, re-soldered SP2. Here's what I got. Modchip completely failed today, ordered another one.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited by realtimesave,
Reactions: Phantomas77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol