Hwfly oled rp2040

Dlacica

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo i purchased this chip to mod my switch oled and I have few questions.
Where does DAT0 connect to? I successfully installed both flex cabels but I don't know do I need ground allso or is it already there through flex cable?

Attachments

• f0ebc68df42508de8b5d06dfec5df491.jpg
    f0ebc68df42508de8b5d06dfec5df491.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48

impy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would love to see a video of the install of this kit. There's none on YT, only the older models.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to see a video of the install of this kit. There's none on YT, only the older models.
Look up an image diagram for one, videos get easily outdated and useless.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just watch the most recent of the OLED Hwfly install videos by Sthetix. The guy knows what he's doing and there's nothing that changes between Picofly and Hwfly from a soldering point of view.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just watch the most recent of the OLED Hwfly install videos by Sthetix. The guy knows what he's doing and there's nothing that changes between Picofly and Hwfly from a soldering point of view.
Sthetix makes great tutorials on stuff like this.

impy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I already checked Sthetix's channel but no video's with the newest kit. The new flex cable supposedly makes installing it easier, but I've yet to find a guide.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He actually has a video on his page that specifically shows how to install the new flex.
(If you want my personal opinion though: I don't see the benefit of that flex cable. I prefer using AWG36 enamled wire)

impy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He actually has a video on his page that specifically shows how to install the new flex.
(If you want my personal opinion though: I don't see the benefit of that flex cable. I prefer using AWG36 enamled wire)
Indeed, but only the flex cable. It doesn't show whether you need to solder other wires or if that new flex cable replaces the rest of the wires and you just need to connect it to the board.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The cable completely replaces the connections for the CLK (D point on the chip), CMD (A point on the chip) signals, as well as the 3.3 v connection. You will still need wires for the RST (B) and DAT 0 (C) connection, though. You can solder the C wire to the flex cable, B wire still needs to be soldered to the chip. You can see all of that in the video though, you just need to pay attention :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood