Hwfly core V5 issue

Hedge08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping to get some guidance on what to try next. I have a modded Mariko with the Hwfly Core V5

I can boot into hikate about 10% of the time. The other times my mod chip will go from purple, to green, then off. Screen will stay lit but black. After a bunch of restarts I get into hikate. If I remove the SD card, the switch will tell me I need an SD card. I’ve tried flashing Hwfly .71 and .70 with the same results. Is this something you’ve all seen

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So without SD card you end on "NO SD" screen on every boot? If so, I presume that the chip glitches successfully.

Did you try with a different SD card? There were compatibility issues reported in the past, though it should have been solved, but I at this point it's worth a try.

Hedge08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes exactly I get the no SD card screen without fail. I have tried another SD too. Is there a list of known good SD cards?

I will mention I used their SD files. When you buy the chip I got a Gdrive link with firmware upgrades for the chip and SD card files with hikate, atmosphere ect.

Last edited by Hedge08,

Hedge08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using a Samsung EVO Select 256 gb. The other SD card was a cheaper Onn branded one and it gave the same issue.

Hedge08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update. I found the issue. The files in their SD card image were outdated or had some corruption. Not sure, so i ended up downloading the newest Hikate 6.0.1 and overwriting the old version. Boots into Hikate first try every time now.

I get a "failed to apply 'nosigchk' " error on atmosphere boot but I can proceed through it and boot. I'll troubleshoot that another day lol.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just wanted to update. I found the issue. The files in their SD card image were outdated or had some corruption. Not sure, so i ended up downloading the newest Hikate 6.0.1 and overwriting the old version. Boots into Hikate first try every time now.

I get a "failed to apply 'nosigchk' " error on atmosphere boot but I can proceed through it and boot. I'll troubleshoot that another day lol.
Your sig patches are outdated that's why you get the message.

Reactions: binkinator

Hedge08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense now that things are updated all the way. Is that the fusee.bin from atmosphere github? First time working through this so I apologize if these are simple questions. It's been a fun process working through it though lol.

Appreciate all the help guys. Thank you!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense now that things are updated all the way. Is that the fusee.bin from atmosphere github? First time working through this so I apologize if these are simple questions. It's been a fun process working through it though lol.

Appreciate all the help guys. Thank you!

Links to the files you need and instructions on how to arrange them can be found here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: Hedge08

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch