Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In DiskWriter, I reformatted the uSD, selected the template in the OP, and tried to write the game; I got the error "The file "b-zeldato3d.3ds" have no resource data yet,Please updata the template.txt."

EDIT: However, using "template0211.txt", it's recognized (as it was in the past). Writing the game now, then I'll try to write the save.

EDIT2: After the game is written, switching back to the template in the OP, DW writes the .SAV without complaint; however, when the game is loaded, the three save slots are empty.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those using USA

Use the CONTRAST-US release of OoT
Use these files (they may differ after so many changes)

US Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yl1yt96fyrqz59/AQEE.sav?dl=0
US Template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/upttyxycaq35mk4/template.txt?dl=0

If you get the error - "save data corrupted" try writing the rom in a different slot on Sky3DS.

GL. YMMV.

Thanks for trying, but with these I get three slots of "New Game" no matter how many times I ReFormat the SD card or how many games I put in front of them.

So far, the best hope I've seen is when it deletes the invalid data.
I know it's seeing something when it does that!

I guess what we need next is to know what files N3DS peeps are using and the MD5/CRC of the files they are getting positive results from.

Thanks !!!!!

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
In DiskWriter, I reformatted the uSD, selected the template in the OP, and tried to write the game; I got the error "The file "b-zeldato3d.3ds" have no resource data yet,Please updata the template.txt."

Still working on it unfortunately. I think I'm gonna call it quits for tonight. Its 5am. I'll be back to it when I get up.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
You need sky to enter gateway mode, so selling gateway would be pointless.

I think what you mean is sky is needed to enter to menu, but gateway is needed to enter gateway mode, but yes selling the gateway would be counter intuitive

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying, but with these I get three slots of "New Game" no matter how many times I ReFormat the SD card or how many games I put in front of them.

So far, the best hope I've seen is when it deletes the invalid data.
I know it's seeing something when it does that!

I guess what we need next is to know what files N3DS peeps are using and the MD5/CRC of the files they are getting positive results from.

Thanks !!!!!

Your save isn't being injected properly. I'd redownload Diskwriter/template/save/get a new SD and start from square 0. See if that helps.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
So had anyone been able to get the untested EU save working? I'm trying a few different roms available but can't tell if they're rev00 or rev01, no success yet

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think what you mean is sky is needed to enter to menu, but gateway is needed to enter gateway mode, but yes selling the gateway would be counter intuitive

Well if you want to be technical then what you said is also not true, since sky is needed to run OOT and that's it.

By the way, are they still selling Red Button Sky3DS ? I think I would buy one if it was cheap, just to put cubic ninja and OOT on it.

Reactions: iViperz

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still working on it unfortunately. I think I'm gonna call it quits for tonight. Its 5am. I'll be back to it when I get up.
No worries. Kudos for everything you've done and good luck for the morrow.

(It's 4am, here. Insomniacs must cluster together or something.)

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you want to be technical then what you said is also not true, since sky is needed to run OOT and that's it.

By the way, are they still selling Red Button Sky3DS ? I think I would buy one if it was cheap, just to put cubic ninja and OOT on it.

I stand corrected :P

Yeah I've seen a few about, but I haven't really checked in a few weeks

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For those who are using CFW and Sky3DS

AUS version Aka EUR LNA-CTR-AQEP-AUS

SaveDataFilter for CFW to import savedata to Sky3DS
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/20150312220356-rar.16865/?temp_hash=fa673efc8b2ae737f59cfc09cf8e5a78

Sky3DS savedata
Open AQEP.sav using Hex Editor and edit 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 in the first three lines (offset 18-27) to your private header that using in the template.txt
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/aqep-rar.16866/?temp_hash=fa673efc8b2ae737f59cfc09cf8e5a78

Attachments

• 20150312220356.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 197
  • AQEP.rar
    646 bytes · Views: 178

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
EU SKY OOT Save (UNTESTED/not sure if for rev00 or 01): Still a WIP

EU GW OOT Save: WIP

In order to fix EU and JP carts, I need SavaDataFiler dumps of WORKING and NON WORKING OOT carts. (both are needed). Shoot me a PM with them and I'll get to work :P.

thanks & i hope you get the EU OOT sorted SOON. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online