How to use someone else's save file

littleslayer15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My friend wants 100% save file for ninja gaiden 3 razors edge. So I downloaded the save file from this link. I'm not sure what to do now. I tried both checkpoint and jksv. I tried to restore the 100% save file, but when I open the game it still has my save file.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend wants 100% save file for ninja gaiden 3 razors edge. So I downloaded the save file from this link. I'm not sure what to do now. I tried both checkpoint and jksv. I tried to restore the 100% save file, but when I open the game it still has my save file.

On your friends Switch
go into JKSV and create a new backup of the current game save.
You will be given an opportunity to name the backup. Call it something like littleslayer15 so it stands out.

On your PC
Unrar the Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge - Full system save.rar file.
Inside the resulting Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge - Full system save folder you will find a SYSTEMSAVE.DAT file.

From PC to Switch
Copy SYSTEMSAVE.DAT onto your SDCard and place it as /JKSV/Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge/littleslayer15/SYSTEMSAVE.DAT
(You should have to overwrite the previous old file to do this)

On your friends Switch
Open up JKSV and select the game and carefully go through and select the littleslayer15 backup…and carefully read the prompts to restore. If you go through this too fast you will accidentally overwrite your intended backup with a copy of the current save stored inside the game. You do not want this because it will look like nothing changed (because it hasn’t). Once you’ve successfully restored the littleslayer15 version over your current save you should see the 100% save data.

Reactions: barelynotlegal

littleslayer15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I need to replace any of the save data in these folders?

ninja.JPG

I just replaced the systemsave.dat on the root. I went into JKSV selected ninja gaiden choose the for c section (my friends name starts with a C). Then I pressed Y and held the a button down until it told me it worked. Then I booted the game and it was the still my save file.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to replace any of the save data in these folders?

View attachment 344227

I just replaced the systemsave.dat on the root. I went into JKSV selected ninja gaiden choose the for c section (my friends name starts with a C). Then I pressed Y and held the a button down until it told me it worked. Then I booted the game and it was the still my save file.
What is inside of SYTEMSAVE? Did you have to overwrite a file called SYSTEMSAVE.DAT?

littleslayer15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's how it showed up after I backup up the game with JKSV

I did have to overwrite the SYTEMSAVE on the root. Inside the SYTEMSAVE is another SYTEMSAVE.dat file. Do I have to replace both of them?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it showed up after I backup up the game with JKSV

I did have to overwrite the SYTEMSAVE on the root. Inside the SYTEMSAVE is another SYTEMSAVE.dat file. Do I have to replace both of them?
Interesting. Nothing to lose…let’s try it.
E: might want to make a new backup in JKSV…just in case yiu need to get back to where we are now.

littleslayer15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your help! I tried replacing both before, but I assume I accidentally overwrite my intended backup with a copy of the current save stored inside the game. Now that I was paying more attention replacing both SYTEMSAVE files worked now.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help! I tried replacing both before, but I assume I accidentally overwrite my intended backup with a copy of the current save stored inside the game. Now that I was paying more attention replacing both SYTEMSAVE files worked now.
I only know because I did the same damn thing multiple times! Glad you’re sorted.

gamecartgirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You use JKSV back your gamesave up. Go in to data management under settings and delete your gamesave and restore your friends with JKSV, make sure you got the latest version of JKSV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes