GCN how to test analogs outside?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(I need to edit the title, it's possible?)
Sumary: I had a GC controller with a problem in the analogic and wanted to test he analog before relacing....
Hello all!
DLDR:
I want to know how I can test if an analog of a broken controller is working ok before replacing on the other controller that only the main analog is broken

The long history:
The thing is, I'm kinda the repair dude for my gamers friends haha so if something went wrong, they ask me first haha
so, one had smash bros problems and ended up breaking the board INSIDE (how I have no idea, outside looks fine, but inside you can see the board cracked, I ended up holding his controller to swap the board of an older and he get the longer cable from this ... alright
Then other friend from this group had another Smash problems but ended up only breaking the main analog, I tested in wind waker, it automatically go to side and only responds up and down , the rest seems ok.

So, I want to test if the smashed controller's analog is still alive before I swap them into his board, but since this one is all dead, I can't test by performance .. there any tips with multimeter or something? or I should just swap it and test?
jut now:
Well I actually went there to try and test chaging the analog with an old spare C I had here and see what could happen

upload_2017-10-5_14-8-12.png

But, opening the damaged one, I noticed the analogs are a bit different, so I couldn't replace
upload_2017-10-5_14-10-28.png

The newer controller have screws to hold the analog piece, the old is soldered on the board, its for both analogs ...

So, let's just remove the bad one for now and then look for a new one...
upload_2017-10-5_14-12-45.png

lol there had a captcha inside
Ok, to the analog ... wait a minute!

upload_2017-10-5_14-13-38.png

See ? The board is cracked, first time I opened this it I haven't removed the black plastic, so I don't saw this crack there
This must be a defect, let's try to repair them!
upload_2017-10-5_14-15-51.png

ugh :x
(There are a better way to remove that protection layer ?Scratching is a bit scary lol)
upload_2017-10-5_14-18-12.png

There it is! trails all connected again! Don't mind my bad soldering skills...
And better yet, everything working like new now!
This controller was sited with me a time because I haven't much courage to try replacing, but I had some spare time and tools at works so I tried to get info here, got nothing but still wanted to utilize the free time I got there, and everything is under control now! :yayone:
Thanks for following me in this adventure xD

(I should have made a blog entry about this instead? :unsure:)

Last edited by Sliter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...