Hacking How to revert back to official cios

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already deleted my HBC, bootmii, dvdx etc. Now i just have to change my cios back. Would doing a system update get me back to the official cios? Or do I have to use a program to do that.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating to 4.2 should get the official IOS (when it's official it's not called cIOS) or you could use DOP-Mii to install the official ones

EDIT: Yay! 50th post
laugh.gif

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
person66 said:
Updating to 4.2 should get the official IOS (when it's official it's not called cIOS) or you could use DOP-Mii to install the official ones

EDIT: Yay! 50th post
laugh.gif

updating is not enough. as there are thing besides the system menu that afe affected.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The 4.2 update also fixes things aside from the system menu (best known example is the replacement of known cIOS'es with stub IOS'es), so updating will make things about as clean as you can get (I don't know if it checks and replaces ALL ios'es with official ones, but at the very least the most important ones).

In any case: this guide about revirginizing your wii should also be convenient.
smile.gif

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
The 4.2 update also fixes things aside from the system menu (best known example is the replacement of known cIOS'es with stub IOS'es), so updating will make things about as clean as you can get (I don't know if it checks and replaces ALL ios'es with official ones, but at the very least the most important ones).

In any case: this guide about revirginizing your wii should also be convenient.
smile.gif

This does nothing to save files, miis, and non-hacked items correct? It undies the coos and gets rid of all the modded apps?

OnyLpJTRQR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just noticed thatwith hat guide, you need the HBC, which I already deleted. I still have the files to get it on my SD though, should I reget it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Catboy @ The Catboy: Like 5 minutes ago