Hacking How to re-initialise OFW/SYSNAND on modded V1 Switch

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So as per another open discussion I have going, my modded V1 is in a bricked state in OFW/sysnand as something happened during an official Save Transfer process to my unmodded OLED and it is now in a constant save loop. Its a 100% clean sysnand I was using to transfer edited saves over to my unmodded unit. Worked with a different save like 5 mins before it didn't with this one

Hekate and my Emunand can boot fine so I can still use this Switch

So the only potential solution for fixing this boot loop thing is to re-initialise the Switch from Recovery Mode, which I can now no longer access due to it being modded I have learned...trying to enter Recovery Mode by holding down Vol+ and Vol- then hitting power just enters RCM (autorcm is turned off btw)

I have a clean NAND dump from when I first started hacking but that was 15.0.something ... the sysnand is now on 16.0.3 ... I may have a 16.0.2 dump. But is there any other way to initialise the Switch outside of restoring NAND? I want to keep this thing clean and working as best I can, I'm worried by restoring and essentially "downgrading" I am going to ruin this unit further or put it at risk. Am i right about that?

I assume making a NAND dump as it is right now then restoring it, basically would put it back into the same state its in now and achieve nothing? Or does a NAND restore always reset to factory settings at same time?

Please note - on the sysnand I cannot do anything, cant exit or cancel the save transfer, cant use Home, cant go to Settings etc it just constantly tries to Transfer save, fails and turns off to try again. I have even tried draining the battery entirely, still nothing. My OLED is doing the same thing but I can enter Recovery Mode on that. It means losing eveyrthing though unfortunately as the option to "Initialise without deleting save data" is greyed out for some reason. Because Nintendo I guess. And they wonder why we mod...

Any help much appreciated. Everything on the modded V1 data wise is backed up so I dont care about losing anything there, I would just prefer keep it a working clean unit and recover my Sysnand access if thats even possible anymore

gtarmanrob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NVM I have found a solution I believe, learned how to enter Maintenance/Recovery mode by holding Vol+ and Vol- while booting into OS from Hekate. See how goes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto