Hacking How to move emunand to another sd card

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I want to move my emunand to another sd card. I have created a new emunand on this new card, but I want to keep my current emunand. If I use HxD, how many sections do I need to copy and write over from the old sd card to the new sd card to move over my current emunand completely?

Thanks for helping

aquishyface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also had a problem at first with the tool not seeing my SD card. I plugged my SD into another laptops card reader and it worked (The Emunand tool could now see it) and I successfully backed up my emunand. Try another card reader. After that I imagine all you have to do is use the tool to inject your backup emunand into your new SD.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can extract it manually with Hex workshop or maybe HxD but there are 2 different sizes.
Toshiba NAND has 1931264 sectors and Samsung NAND has 1953792.

Emunand starts from sector 1 of the SD card.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got the same problem too, i had an old 3DS XL for emunand which I retired as a fully updated one after i got a newer XL on 4.4. The emunand partition should just stay there, right? But emunand tool doesn't read my partition either.

Not in your case. NAND is unique to each individual 3DS, emulated or not. You need to redo you emuNAND on your new 3DS, you can't use the one from the old unit.

EmuNAND Tool not recognizing the partition though, is another problem. I'd try the new card reader idea.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Not in your case. NAND is unique to each individual 3DS, emulated or not. You need to redo you emuNAND on your new 3DS, you can't use the one from the old unit.

Yes, i was aware they aren't interchangeable. I wanted to extract it for another purpose, mainly to differentiate a bunch of 4.5 NAND images I have on my PC which i didnt label correctly. Silly me :cry:

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can extract it manually with Hex workshop or maybe HxD but there are 2 different sizes.
Toshiba NAND has 1931264 sectors and Samsung NAND has 1953792.

Emunand starts from sector 1 of the SD card.

Ah thanks, I can see mine one is 1931264
Copied and written the whole data sections onto my new SD card, all good now, thanks heaps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?