ROM Hack How to mod dragon ball xenoverse 2 switch

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't get me wrong. I've my personal hopes for it to drop. I just see it as far less likely now. I suppose we just now have to wait for the time to pass and see what the situation is though, right?

In either case, I hope to be wrong but I don't see it as likely. Also hoping my question regarding the IDs doesn't get missed by supermariorick because I'm unsure on if it's what he needs.
Just the skills on the TP shop D: sad...at least the Divine Kamehameha ia good.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well I'm going to try to just save edit the stuff you unlock from it. Shame they don't make the fun tournament playable offline.
Yeah, it'd be fun to do it offline.

Who knows, maybe on the PC side of things someone might make it so that they could be played offline as a special quest line or something. Maybe some time in the future, that might open up the window for it on the Switch, although I've gotta say I'm not having the most fun with it myself at the minute because I keep messing up and dying every few minutes. XD

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the switch version have a save editor?
Not a dedicated one when I last checked. I've personally just used the PC version's save editor after converting the file so it can be read by the PC but this can have an adverse effect on things like the Hero Colosseum and make it borderline unplayable if you're not careful.

Even so, the PC version's editor isn't updated yet as the update for the game has been out for less than a day.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already save edited in the new skills, outfits, and accessories. Then I modified the super souls file and made all the new super souls purchasable at the shop. The only thing I can't figure out is how to unlock Chronoa using save editing as no save editor out there unlocks the unlockable characters and there's no point of reference to how to unlock characters in the save file. I'm honestly considering having someone take my save, importing it into their game that has access to NSO, activating the appearance of Trunks, and then having my save sent back to me so I can do the event myself offline somehow. It's a shame Dimps decided to paywall a character that is free because of the update behind online service that costs money. I even tried to modify the event file that triggers it but no dice.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already save edited in the new skills, outfits, and accessories. Then I modified the super souls file and made all the new super souls purchasable at the shop. The only thing I can't figure out is how to unlock Chronoa using save editing as no save editor out there unlocks the unlockable characters and there's no point of reference to how to unlock characters in the save file. I'm honestly considering having someone take my save, importing it into their game that has access to NSO, activating the appearance of Trunks, and then having my save sent back to me so I can do the event myself offline somehow. It's a shame Dimps decided to paywall a character that is free because of the update behind online service that costs money. I even tried to modify the event file that triggers it but no dice.

As of right now, I still can't help since my SD reader's still not been replaced but if you don't manage to find out how to by Monday I can probably help around then.

I dunno if this is any help for now but when she's unlocked, it's (thankfully) for the whole account and not just the character that faced her.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, I still can't help since my SD reader's still not been replaced but if you don't manage to find out how to by Monday I can probably help around then.

I dunno if this is any help for now but when she's unlocked, it's (thankfully) for the whole account and not just the character that faced her.
I don't know if it will help but there's a tool called nx-mtp if you really want to be able to copy files back and forth from your computer to the SD card on your Nintendo Switch. basically it runs MTP USB on your Switch so you can transfer files over USB C to USB A cable to your computer and back as if your Switch was a smartphone. Thing is I don't know if you run your exploit with a dongle or a USB C to USB A cable.

There's also an exploit called memloader that does almost the same thing although it's not using the USB MTP protocol which might have slower speeds.

Last edited by supermariorick,

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it will help but there's a tool called nx-mtp if you really want to be able to copy files back and forth from your computer to the SD card on your Nintendo Switch. basically it runs MTP USB on your Switch so you can transfer files over USB C to USB A cable to your computer and back as if your Switch was a smartphone. Thing is I don't know if you run your exploit with a dongle or a USB C to USB A cable.

There's also an exploit called memloader that does almost the same thing although it's not using the USB MTP protocol which might have slower speeds.
The SD Reader that's actually messed up is the one in the Switch. I can use the SD card just fine on my laptop which is unfortunately the big problem seeing as how without the Switch detecting the SD card, getting onto Homebrew is pretty well impossible.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD Reader that's actually messed up is the one in the Switch. I can use the SD card just fine on my laptop which is unfortunately the big problem seeing as how without the Switch detecting the SD card, getting onto Homebrew is pretty well impossible.
oof that's even worse than I could possibly imagine. How are you playing Xenoverse 2? NAND install? NAND installed update and DLC + cartridge? or did it recently just break?

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oof that's even worse than I could possibly imagine. How are you playing Xenoverse 2? NAND install? NAND installed update and DLC + cartridge? or did it recently just break?
I'm only playing it vanilla at the minute. I've got the cartridge and the DLC available barring Music Pack 1 and all that data thankfully fits on the system memory.

It's been unresponsive for a few months now actually and I've just not been on it as much over that period of time. That's why I haven't visited here in so long. I simply haven't needed to under the circumstances. I mostly came back to see if any breakthroughs were made in the time during my absence and here I find there's been an improvement in that time. So great work on that.

Anyway, I think I better get some sleep. It's 8:25 AM and broad daylight outside so I think I stayed awake a tad too long.

Last edited by Light_Strategist,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found the lobby events file in data2.cpk and a constant variable called "ANNOUNCE_UNLOCK_TOK" - using genser to turn it into an xml file - and according to animegamemods, TOK is the character ID for the Supreme Kai of Time. Also the file contains event trigger variables and conditions for events triggering using system variable flags, global variable flags, and constant variable flags. And then, in the event ID variables, it contains data that points to which file has the script for these events and then provides argument variables that refer to constant variable values, global variable values, and other IDs that are a part of that event. I'll have to take a crack at looking at all this and figuring out how I can try to trick the game into triggering the character unlock for Chronoa offline. I don't have any proof that this will work or get me anywhere, but the fact "ANNOUNCE_UNLOCK_TOK" is a name of one of the constant variables and this file appears to control the conditions in which event flags are triggered appears to be a lead.

Reactions: Green Mii

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I found the lobby events file in data2.cpk and a constant variable called "ANNOUNCE_UNLOCK_TOK" - using genser to turn it into an xml file - and according to animegamemods, TOK is the character ID for the Supreme Kai of Time. Also the file contains event trigger variables and conditions for events triggering using system variable flags, global variable flags, and constant variable flags. And then, in the event ID variables, it contains data that points to which file has the script for these events and then provides argument variables that refer to constant variable values, global variable values, and other IDs that are a part of that event. I'll have to take a crack at looking at all this and figuring out how I can try to trick the game into triggering the character unlock for Chronoa offline. I don't have any proof that this will work or get me anywhere, but the fact "ANNOUNCE_UNLOCK_TOK" is a name of one of the constant variables and this file appears to control the conditions in which event flags are triggered appears to be a lead.
I can tell ya that when you unlock her, unlock most other characters (not counting gift costumes) she has a text box pop up to tell you she's playable.

Unfortunately though, I don't think I can help out on Monday as the friend I was assuming would be here may possibly not be available to help resolve the issue. Sorry to have drop this info now.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell ya that when you unlock her, unlock most other characters (not counting gift costumes) she has a text box pop up to tell you she's playable.

Unfortunately though, I don't think I can help out on Monday as the friend I was assuming would be here may possibly not be available to help resolve the issue. Sorry to have drop this info now.
That's cool. Don't worry about it. I'll keep experimenting with the lobby events managing file to see what happens.

Reactions: Light_Strategist

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this still work? and with any mod?
not every mod. The game files are different between the PC version and the Switch version. Some work, some don't work and need to have offsets found to work and have the mods adjusted to work again, and some half work and are messed up or the msg files don't match the Switch version and so they look off but the actual mod works otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto