Hacking how to dump without sd card ?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an SD card? If so, do you have access to the HBL? If you answered yes to both of the questions, then
1.) Download ddd (attached to this post)
2.) Place it on the root of your SD card
3.) Launch the HBL and run ddd. Enter and confirm the IP address of your PC (open CMD and enter ipconfig. You should see a line like IPv4........192.168.1.7)
4.) Choose return to home menu (or something to that effect)
5.) Start the ddd server from CMD by entering - in the same directory - "titledumper.exe /vol/ /path/to/dump/to/. If need be, let it through your firewall. On your Wii U, since the game's on an external HDD, launch the game, and press home. It may or may not start dumping (I think those are the steps but I'm not entirely sure - try them out, though). If it does, sit back, take a nap, do whatever. You're going to be there for QUITE. A. WHILE.

So people can stop going off topic, Pikachuk does have the private kernel exploit. k? k.

EDIT: You are confirming that? 100%? I believe you have access, so I'll take your word for it.

Attachments

• ddd.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you dont have a sd card you could start ddd after HBL through sendELF over Wifi

but i cant believe that nwplayer gives the 5.5 kernel exploit to someone not able to start HBL + DDD ;-)
it's not from nwplayer but marionumber1 And it's because i'm a smash modder

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why does ddd not work on 5.4.0-5.5.x? Do you have any other information you can share? Without actually being on 5.5.x all I can really do is look with IDA and guess. It may be fairly trivial to port it if there is not some other limiting factor in the way. I'd look through the source and find any addresses and check them vs 5.5.0 if you want to try to do this. I dont think there is a dumpiine version that saves to pc.

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i want an sd card it's just because i can't for the moment

Why does ddd not work on 5.4.0-5.5.x? Do you have any other information you can share? Without actually being on 5.5.x all I can really do is look with IDA and guess. It may be fairly trivial to port it if there is not some other limiting factor in the way. I'd look through the source and find any addresses and check them vs 5.5.0 if you want to try to do this. I dont think there is a dumpiine version that saves to pc.
He works but he hasn't payload version

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
oh fgs why would he go to the trouble of such a specific issue , if he was a lying clown... get a grip doubters ..
cf9f53575a950c9bec09e73460515d97.jpg

Last edited by pwsincd,

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll try elfloader

when i launch an homebrew like ddd with elf loader i've a freeze with a white screen
(with the boot.elf included with elfloader it works )

Reactions: EclipseSin

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran the kernel exploit before launching elf loader
Okay, I see. Anyway, I actually remember reading something about developers having to rewrite some code to work with the HBL, and considering ddd was written specifically for the HBL, the problem here could be the ELF isn't compatible with the ELF loader. In which case, you'd have to find an SD card for the HBL (but I read something here on GBATemp about a payload sender, I.E. a PC program that uses the Wii U's IP address and sends it a payload, that may or may not work in this case).

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I see. Anyway, I actually remember reading something about developers having to rewrite some code to work with the HBL, and considering ddd was written specifically for the HBL, the problem here could be the ELF isn't compatible with the ELF loader. In which case, you'd have to find an SD card for the HBL (but I read something here on GBATemp about a payload sender, I.E. a PC program that uses the Wii U's IP address and sends it a payload, that may or may not work in this case).
i'll buy a sd card when i'll can

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDD works fine with 5.4. I use it all the time. (elf version from HBL)

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first he has to get hbl running and that is confirmed to work on 5.5.x (for latest sources) -> maybe his kernel exploit is a fake so don't hurry

and if hbl is running he can try to start ddd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH