Hacking How to boot games from channels fast !

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snaker said:
snaker said:
raptor1010 said:
snaker said:
With this channel usb loader none of my games play on 480p.With the original one my games were playign just fine on 480p.What is the cause of that?

Here, try to use this dol file. I removed the Loading message and you just need to search for RMCP01 in your Hex Editor and replace with your game ID. There isn't any video patches on this one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNFNXKX5

Thank you so much!!!!!

Everything worked perfect now.Thanks man!I just erased the 3 last dots of the message with a hexeditor.You forgot them lol.
yaypsp.gif

Sorry about that, it was a quick job!

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to compile .dols to load my games but I have never gotten into making wads before. I found some tools from the stickied tutorial that are in Spanish but I'm not sure if it includes the U8Tool this thread refers to.
My problem is extracting the opening.bnr file from the iso. I tried extracting an iso from my HDD using the linux wbfs tool, and then tried using Wii scrubber to extract the file but I get an io_seek error.

What tools are you guys using to make your wads and how are you extracting your opening.bnr files?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
XeroCure said:
What tools are you guys using to make your wads and how are you extracting your opening.bnr files?

If you have the disc, FTPii is the easiest thing to use. You can just grab the file right off the disc via WiFi. As for making one, I took one of the existing wad files from these pages, unpacked it with wadunpacker, copied the banner (following the directions, repacking it with u8tool), I used a hex editor to change the game code in the DOL file, hex edited the channel's ID in the tik and tmd file (this way it doesn't overwrite any other channels), then used wadpacker to put it back together.

sectionboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this, but when I tried out COD5 channel, it jumps back to wii menu no matter which button I press "+-AB..." Any idea?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just made these, may as well put them up. Someone may have use for them. I used the DOL edited by Raptor, by the way, so it doesn't have the message and it is the version without video patches so 480p works. I tested them all and they all work. They all have unique channel IDs, so they should all install without b0rking anything up, and are for the US versions of the games. The ID follows the name in the WAD's filename if you want to know what it is. Thanks for the folks posting simple directions, it really wasn't difficult with the tools available as well as the directions.

They are:
Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSBB) Maybe I didn't need to remake this one, but I think the other one was PAL.
Okami (OKAM)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (with the US version of the banner) (TOSD)
Wii Fit (WIIF)

Download from Mediafire

I assume it's ok since others are putting them up, but mods please edit it out if it isn't.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pssh, cmon guys, I took an hour and now have a batchfile that auto converts opening.bnr's to usb_GAMETITLE.wad's.

This isn't that hard, but you should keep all your bnr's so you can regenerated the wads if the loader is updated.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dantarion said:
Pssh, cmon guys, I took an hour and now have a batchfile that auto converts opening.bnr's to usb_GAMETITLE.wad's.

This isn't that hard, but you should keep all your bnr's so you can regenerated the wads if the loader is updated.

why don't you post up the batchfile then?

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
im implementing a new function in my wbfs gui
smile.gif
you will be able to do with 4/5 clicks make channels with the banner from your game and the correct launcher you can expect it tonight or tomorrow
smile.gif

boobooman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
im implementing a new function in my wbfs gui
smile.gif
you will be able to do with 4/5 clicks make channels with the banner from your game and the correct launcher you can expect it tonight or tomorrow
smile.gif

Sounds great
biggrin.gif

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
I just made these, may as well put them up. Someone may have use for them. I used the DOL edited by Raptor, by the way, so it doesn't have the message and it is the version without video patches so 480p works. I tested them all and they all work. They all have unique channel IDs, so they should all install without b0rking anything up, and are for the US versions of the games. The ID follows the name in the WAD's filename if you want to know what it is. Thanks for the folks posting simple directions, it really wasn't difficult with the tools available as well as the directions.

They are:
Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSBB) Maybe I didn't need to remake this one, but I think the other one was PAL.
Okami (OKAM)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (with the US version of the banner) (TOSD)
Wii Fit (WIIF)

Download from Mediafire

I assume it's ok since others are putting them up, but mods please edit it out if it isn't.

QUOTE(Akdul @ Apr 3 2009, 11:01 PM) I made IOS249 USB loader channels for both Mario Kart and Wii Sports (NTSC-U). They lack the booting text and video patches.

Mario Kart Wii (KART)
Wii Sports (XAAB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMSM960W

Hope you like them.

Thank you both for making IOS249, NTSC-U, super clean and neat game launcher channels! IOS222 wasn't installing for me on my 3.4, and I imagine some others were having the same problem as me.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145546 is a good thread for IOS249 NTSC-U wads.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Bluee said:
Thank you both for making IOS249, NTSC-U, super clean and neat game launcher channels! IOS222 wasn't installing for me on my 3.4, and I imagine some others were having the same problem as me.
Hey, sure thing. I made them so I figured I might as well share.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU