How should I convince my mum about adopting a sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktomi96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I know a gaming forum might not be the best place to ask this, but I don't really have anywhere else to ask, so here I go.

I am an only child, and I really wanted a sister my whole life. I'd also love to have someone to play and interact with. Life is really boring like this, and basically all I can do is sit in front of my laptop all day.
I want to adopt a sister; how should I confront my mum about this?

Also, if you guys could keep all the incest shitposts out of here, that'd be great.
Forcing to adopttion wont solve nothing its not a puppy.Btw just buy switch already.Yeah also im playing home all day long has no social life no nothing and im still happy with it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Honestly your too old to even be saying this kind of stuff , how old would this sister be, if it's 6 or younger your really not going to have anything in common and will be moving out leaving your mum with years of burden just for the sake of a few weeks entertainment for you and you will be moving out at some point I would expect

If they are older than 6 they would no doubt come with a lot of emotional baggage anyone over that age usually came from an abusive family or under devistating circumstances I.e family death etc

That's ignoring the adoption process being long and expensive you may even have moved out before she is even given the go ahead to adopt

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something like adoption isnt really something kids typically convince their parents. to do. parents will adopt if they want another child to take care of for whatever reason. there is almost no chance you can convince your parents to adopt someone. it sounds like you want one as a birthday gift or something.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do have friends, but a friend and a sibling are not the same thing.
Also a sibling that you had since childhood, and a sibling you got once you are 16 also are not the same thing at all TBH. That would be more like a) a friend you just got to know and have to live together with, or b) almost like an adoptive son, as you will end up more like an uncle figure or so.

Reactions: ktomi96

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Also a sibling that you had since childhood, and a sibling you got once you are 16 also are not the same thing at all TBH. That would be more like a) a friend you just got to know and have to live together with, or b) almost like an adoptive son, as you will end up more like an uncle figure or so.
yeah this^ just obtaining a "sister" in the legal sense doesn't just suddenly make you have a close familial bond, the thing your looking for simply cannot happen by force, and the truth is the adoptee might reject you/your family and want to live with their real parents, adoption is a minefield and not something you do on a whim

Reactions: Quantumcat
K

KingpinSlim

Why not get a hobby?
Adoption is a fairly... over the top approach to general boredom.
Do you know you can load PS2 games straight from an internal hard-drive?
See? Life can be so wonderful without randomly adopting people.
How about buying yourself an e-reader?
Books come in digital form now and you can have one lightweight device to carry all your books around with you.
or... maybe you are more of an outdoors-kinda gal.
Gardening is brilliant. Very relaxing and rewarding.
The gist is... i think you may be overreacting.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small