Gaming How Often Do YOU Turn off your computer?

How often do you turn off your computer?

• Always, it may break/I save energy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to Hibernate

• Standby is good enough for me

• I don't do it much, i have downloads running

• There's a POWER button??!!

• I just log off and leave it running

• Total voters

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I usually put my laptop in hibrinate during the day when I am not using it. And usually once per day, I turn off my laptop completly before I go to bed
tongue.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine only goes off when I'm sleeping or out the house for extended periods. If I'm in, then it's on from the time I wake up, until the time I go to bed. Don't bother turning it off even if it's not in use.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine goes off for the night, other than that it's on the whole day in the weekend and almost always on midweek from when I return from school 'till it goes off for the night.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Mine goes off for the night, other than that it's on the whole day in the weekend and almost always on midweek from when I return from school 'till it goes off for the night.
same here really. my power button is set to 'hibernate' for when i go out but most of the time i just start a download (usually steam or iplayer) and click 'lock'. it's only consuming about 150-200 watts... so i'm not really killing the environment.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever something blows up... like my Power Supply recently.

I kinda have to seed 24/7 to maintain decent ratios with my massive 35KB/s upload speed.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Always on.

But i've got a new router on the way which has a USB port and utorrent built in, so I can just hook up a USB HDD and have my downloads running and share my media without the need to leave my computer on.

So when the router arrives my computer will go from almost always on to only being on when i need it to be.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
But i've got a new router on the way which has a USB port and utorrent built in, so I can just hook up a USB HDD and have my downloads running and share my media without the need to leave my computer on.
Whaaaaaaat?
Could you link me that please?
The closest thing to that I've seen is NAS.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turn off my computer only when I go to bed. So I chose always. It's running when not in use and when in use... Except bed time, as said.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
jamesaa said:
Whaaaaaaat?
The closest thing to that I've seen is NAS.
Haha thats what I waz thinking.

Utorrent Built in? That sounds sweet, tho I got caught for downloading things i wasn't supposed to on torrents, but luckly it waz just a warning. It says if I download pirated movies again, I will have to pay a $15,000 fine... so now i just use video down-loader with 'watch movies online' sites. I havent downloaded a movie in a month tho... I have a PS3 to kill the time
smile.gif

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly hibernate it but when its time for bed, i completely turn it off.
When good PC games are out, i download them. it kinda take like 7 hrs... so yh...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My netbook is always off unless I'm using it as it tends to overheat in my room. My dad's laptop overheated in here once and totally locked up for hours. Wouldn't even switch on. So now I use my netbook in bursts unless I have a day off and no plans, during which time I steal anything of value from the internet.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
QUOTE said:
Whaaaaaaat?

Link: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
Nice... and only $70 on NewEgg (Ding)
That's what I paid for my wireless router a few years ago. I want to install DD-WRT on it, but it's an involved and sparsely documented process for my model.

Only thing is, I'm not sure if you can run something like Peerblock (Anyone who wants to QQ over it can GTFO) or update the filterlist on the router automatically/easily.

DarkArmadillo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I always hold my power button for 5 secs. It's faster than shutting down, which takes 5-6 minutes.

Never left my pc on while I'm sleeping. Scary if the thing overheats orso.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkArmadillo said:
I always hold my power button for 5 secs. It's faster than shutting down, which takes 5-6 minutes.

Never left my pc on while I'm sleeping. Scary if the thing overheats orso.
When I want to shut down, I have to shut it down on the screen unless it is already logged off, because all my data gets backed up onto our server, for incase a crash happens, it breaks, or somone steals my computer etc.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: