Hardware How Much Should I Sell A Nintendo Switch For?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wasnt able to pre-order a Switch for the whole two months before release. I ended up waiting outside gamestop for 10 hours with two other people to secure my walk-in day one switch. When I finally got it at 1am (Gamestop messed up real bad) I was so stoked I thought "whats another few hours?" and drove down the block and waited at Target until they handed tickets. Thats right I bought two of them (money i had accumulated in case i had to buy from a scalper). Now the second one I own has been hiding because i planned to give it to my sister, turns out she doesnt want it. How much do i sell it for?

Its a grey joycon switch with breath of the wild that i put up on craigslist for $500. Is the price too high? Is the price too low? Would you buy it?

I've had people already contact me but they were unsure of the price, i need suggestions

walmart ns $600.png

NOTICE HOW GAMESTOP WONT SELL THE INDIVIDUAL CONSOLE (usa)

gamestop 600-2.JPG

Last edited by gameboy,

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retail price or $40 higher.
The system will be restock on 3/31
I doubt many peopme will pay they overly over priced prices any more.

I know for a fact that it will be "in stock" on 3/31 but i also know that its only for a $600 bundle with 1-2 switch and an extra set of joycons. These companies have gotten greedy and will not sell it individually (when i asked a gamestop manager out of curiousity)

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500$ ? Absolutly NOT a Scammer price.
300$ + 50$ of BOTW ? So 350$ max. And do it fast before you have to sell it for a lower price.

the switch plus zelda is actually $388. The extra is like paying someone to wait in line for the buyer. This thing is selling faster than the wii and the extra stock is like 10 for limited stores.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, you are asking how much should you charge somebody for sparing him of waiting in queue for hours on March 19th (as it is the day it is said Target restocks in USA... PS: here in Germany you can find a Switch in your nearest Saturn no problem).

Well, perhaps 10% over what you paid, more than that would make you an opportunistic SOB IMHO. But do whatever you want.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question : Why are you here ?
500$ is just a lol price. There are a lot of way to get it cheaper. And restocks are coming. Nintendo will NEVER do the same as the NES Mini stuff.
And if you really want money, return it back. If you want to scam don't ask us.

Simply.

Edit : Outspeed

Last edited by Rick Astley,

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna scalp, go head and try to scalp. Else put up a price you think is fair. No need to ask for our opinions if you already are defending.

yea its only because ive been told to put it higher LOL, but i think $500 is totally fair because ive seen it in person the faces of disappointment when those line waiters were turned back LOL

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yea its only because ive been told to put it higher LOL, but i think $500 is totally fair because ive seen it in person the faces of disappointment when those line waiters were turned back LOL
Then do it. I personally hope you get stuck with it and have to lower it than what retail have since it's used.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then do it. I personally hope you get stuck with it and have to lower it than what retail have since it's used.

But thats the problem, because i want to sell it for people who are desperate for it, but i know i want one when the hack naturally comes out sooner rather than later

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walmart is not warlmart. Its 3rd party that sell on walmart. Kinda like sellers on amazon or ebay.

And gamestop is currntly doing that bundle online to make more money, but its all normal priced items.
So why would someone pay $500 for you switch and game when they can add $100 more and get way more stuff.

And they will have the system in store without the bunlde for normal price

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$500 is about right. No worries.
People are insane, that's why. If you want to play Switch today, $500 plus the cost of the game is what it costs.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you honestly believe that the only way to get the Switch in the coming weeks is a bundle, you've got problems.

ive talked to gamestop, theyve told me its only for the bundle... i think they realized from the wii and ps4 releases that they can bundle it and sell extra stuff for extra high prices. Also when i asked the electronics lead at target (on release day) about extra units, he told me there were none, reddit doesnt account for all stores.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. . . dude . . . you were a part of the cause of said disappointment . . . if people who dont even want a game console buy them then there's obviously none left for the people who want them . . . if you want a "totally fair" price then return it to the store . . . otherwise dont pretend your not just another scalper and this thread is more than just an extra free ad for you

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
. . . dude . . . you were a part of the cause of said disappointment . . . if people who dont even want a game console buy them then there's obviously none left for the people who want them . . . if you want a "totally fair" price then return it to the store . . . otherwise dont pretend your not just another scalper and this thread is more than just an extra free ad for you
Scalpers gonna scalp. I think it's sad they can feel okay with it.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: zanfire

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scalpers gonna scalp. I think it's sad they can feel okay it.

heres the thing, im not going to return it if i cant sell it, it has two extra joy con, a plug, a dock, joy con straps and an extra switch incase something happens. But i do kinda feel bad for the guys who got their preorders cancelled or couldnt sacrifice a day to wait in the cold, but not enough to not charge them a little more for it lol

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I few days ago I looked at the sold prices on eBay and they generally ran about $400-425 + shipping. With eBay and PayPal fees plus 7% sales tax the profit is only $30-$50. In addition you run the risk of the buyer deciding the unit does not meet his standards and can return it to you within 30 days, problem is your return window to your retailer may be closed. Now it is truely used and you loose money.

The risk is to high in my opinion. Keep it or return it to the store. You could try CL and pray you don't get mugged.

I am kind of in the same boat as I think I have a preorder sitting at the Layaway Desk at Walmart but I purchased one at Meijer on launch night. I have not picked it up and will probably just go get my deposit back. I want a 2nd one for the family but don't need it until Splatoon 2 and there should be plenty of stock by then and hopefully some of the my major issues like poor wifi will be ironed out by then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: