How Many South Koreans are out there in GBATemp?

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
South-Korea-flag.gif

Just wana know, share your south korean pride =O
Just wondering how many South Koreans are out there in GBATemp, i doubt there are many, but still =]

South-Korea-flag.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Mercedes sedan went into my apartment garage. I was thinking "What a spoiled kid", turned out one of the two Korean girls I met in the elevator owns it. I can't even afford parking and some parents buy expensive cars to their kids.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
A Mercedes sedan went into my apartment garage. I was thinking "What a spoiled kid", turned out one of the two Korean girls I met in the elevator owns it. I can't even afford parking and some parents buy expensive cars to their kids.
That happens to non-Korean kids too.

My mom came from South Korea, but my dad is American. Having a Korean parent in America sucks, because you have to study hard and keep your room extremely clean. Like, so clean that there's nothing in your room.

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:

It could of been anyone, and it could of been a lease ya no

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dio said:
deathfisaro said:
That happens to non-Korean kids too.

My mom came from South Korea, but my dad is American. Having a Korean parent in America sucks, because you have to study hard and keep your room extremely clean. Like, so clean that there's nothing in your room.

Well not really, at least for me, since my parents are divorced and i live with my father, my room is damn ass dirty, but i try to keep it neat, he doesn't really care lawl(and hes korean =])

S

scubersteve

You know what KOREAN movie I heard is going to go Hollywood?
tale_of_two_sisters_2003_poster.jpg

I hope it doesn't suck.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm South-Korean, but:

I was born in Seoul,
At 2 years my parents dropped me on the garbage belt naked and left me,
Somebody found me and brought me to the nuns (USA nuns)
Those nuns brought me to the US ambasy for registration
From there i was signed up as a kid ready for adoption
I was put on a plane and send to Belgium when i was 2,5 years (it was a plane full of south korean kids shipped to Belgium all for adoption)
There some dude and his wife took me in and raised me. (the already had 4 kids on there own)

(This story is not made up, it is written on my adoption papers)

I'm 38 now, I never had problems here in Belgium
I feel no connection at all to Korea, except my looks
Do i need to be proud? yes i'm proud to be a Belgium!

What about my South-Korean roots?
I wonder if i have any roots left, i feel nothing and i don't care, i don't speak the language, my real parents where my adoption parents who raised
me as one of there own kids, never got left out of anything, my sisters and brother feel the same, i'm one of them.

Would i ever go back?
I would be a stranger in my own birth country
I have nothing lost there
My parents did a search to my real parents 1 time and it was a dead end, cause i was not given away but found on a garbage belt.
the only thing that connects me is my looks and that's it.

But i love to visit Japan/Hong-Kong for all the retro/console stuff / (héhé)

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, but how do you know you were butt naked? I mean your 38 years old, isnt that like abit to long to keep that memory? Hell i cant evne remember when i ate my first food.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah i see it every day in the mirror and when i look at my twin daughters
biggrin.gif
(My wife is pur-sang belgium, so my daughters are a mix
biggrin.gif
)

[EDIT]
There's one thing still going on in my mind sometimes:
What would my live be when i never was dropped and lived my live in Korea.
How would my wife look then, where would i live etc...
It is a tought that never will be answered, but sometimes i wonder ....

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I think about south Koreans I make myself sad. I had a south Korean friend as my roommate in college and he was the nicest guy ever. He was really south korean and transfered over just to go to college.
Unfortunately I was a big pothead and kept smoking in my room (which he didn't like) and I wasn't a very good roommate to him in other ways too.
SORRY JUNE! Wish I could really appoligize to him, Because he was such a nice guy...but its been years and i have no way to contact him. =X

S

scubersteve

PBC said:
When I think about south Koreans I make myself sad. I had a south Korean friend as my roommate in college and he was the nicest guy ever. He was really south korean and transfered over just to go to college.
Unfortunately I was a big pothead and kept smoking in my room (which he didn't like) and I wasn't a very good roommate to him in other ways too.
SORRY JUNE! Wish I could really appoligize to him, Because he was such a nice guy...but its been years and i have no way to contact him. =X
lol, I love how most koreans seem to be quiet hard workers, but through experience, I've seen most of them party pretty hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o