How long will the wiki be down?

Herr Riz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiki has been down all weekend, with no explanation that I see here. I need to get the DSX recovery tool from it to unbrick my friend's DS-X, so can someone tell me what's going on?

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
thanks
smile.gif
cool

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not. If you're getting "Server not found" errors or something similar, then your ISP (or whoever runs your dns server) needs to get their dns updated. Some people are having the same problem with mobile.gbatemp.net, blogs.gbatemp.net, pix.gbatemp.net, etc.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Samutz said:
No, it's not. If you're getting "Server not found" errors or something similar, then your ISP (or whoever runs your dns server) needs to get their dns updated. Some people are having the same problem with mobile.gbatemp.net, blogs.gbatemp.net, pix.gbatemp.net, etc.

Is there a way of updating the dns yourself?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
If you need a quick fix, open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (no file extention) in notepad or another text editor and add this line:

Code:
91.121.116.97ÂÂÂÂwiki.gbatemp.net

That's a tab between the IP and the domain name. You can also add more lines like this for the mobile, pix, and blogs sub-domains.

Also, if you've been connected to the net for a few days, you might want to clear your computer's cached dns before you try the hosts fix. You do this by opening a command line and typing 'ipconfig /flushdns'.
And then check if your ISP's updated yet using 'nslookup wiki.gbatemp.net'. If it resolves to the above IP, then it's working (although it'll resolve if you still have the quick fix in your hosts file).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D