Gaming how fast ?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32x. it doesn't matter. It's the media, not the speed it was written.

Queue 500 idiots that read some place it does..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Think what you want, but people telling to use 2.4x speed are the most stupid in this discussion, especially if they recommend using DVD-R at the same time.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use 4x before I started using usb loading, which is the best method for loading backups imo (faster, cheaper, and less space =P), and never had any problems. Then again, I was using Verbatims so I didn't expect less.

Hope I Helped ^^

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Christopho said:
@WiiPower No offense, as I know you're obviously an informed individual *looks at posts* but how is recommending using DVD-R being "the most stupid"?
[...]

I didn't say it that way.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always burn it at 8x. I am using imgburn and Sony DVD-R. I dont use verbatim dvd-r at all because it is not NECESSARILY. I only use regular Sony DVD-R and it works perfectly every time.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ossot said:
32x. it doesn't matter. It's the media, not the speed it was written.

Queue 500 idiots that read some place it does..
Yeah...or else they've found it out themselves. I read about not burning above 4 speed. Wiseguy that I am, I DID try it at a faster speed. That one ended up a coaster.
Second time, same data, 2,4 speed: a fully working backup game.

Same with the brand. Fijifilm doesn't work for me. Verbatim, same settings: game works.

Keep in mind: that does NOT mean there's a general rule. I didn't try all other brands, and at the very least I can remember 2 others who had the exact same settings as me and managed to play their game with just about any brand and/or any setting. So in the end, I guess the wii's DVD-reader is the unknown factor.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or the computer's laser lens, at least that's what the people over at xbox360iso have come up with. Then again, they were talking about DL discs ._. .....

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always look at what the max your CD/CD drive can burn at, and burn one lower than it. If you CAN burn as high as 16x, burn at 12x. If you can burn at 8x, burn at 6x. If you can burn at 32x, burn at 16x.

Just a general rule of thumb, the 'max speed' tends to cause more errors. I always stick with 6x personally, it's fast enough and I 'never' run into issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head