Gaming How do i use my monster hunter stories demo save on the full version ?

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

i downloaded today monster hunter stories to checkout the game (the demo) and i played it long time enough and i got also today the FULL version of the game (leaked and don't ask for links cuz first of all its against gba temp and second, its not official so) and i am going to install it just right now on my 3ds with cfw.

Before i install it, i wanted to ask: How can i get my save which i have on the demo, into the full version ? is it enough when i install the full version now and start it up (while having the demo + save on my 3ds still) ? or should i use a savemanager for it ? would it work ?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heh, that would be an early leak... either way as stated, game will most likely tell you it detected a save and ask if you want to import, pretty straight forward.

The only case that won't happen is if the Demo and Full are different regions, I.E played US Demo but the Full is EU.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heh, that would be an early leak... either way as stated, game will most likely tell you it detected a save and ask if you want to import, pretty straight forward.

The only case that won't happen is if the Demo and Full are different regions, I.E played US Demo but the Full is EU.

Very good to know !. I always install EUR games on my EUR console but still good to know that!.

If i remove the demo right now trough system settings, without installing before the full version and choosing import the save, my save which is in the demo currently will be deleted too right ?
So i install now the full version, make the import and THEN i lose the demo.

Ps. For all CFW users who downlaod and play alot of 3ds games on theyr 3ds console with cfw:

I won't give anyone any links where the get monster hunter stories (and for now it doesn't exists anyways on the internet), but i can confirm you that on 03.09 we get the first officially leak.

And to be honest: my first mh game was on Wii (i dunno how the part was called) and i played it for 30min which was really boring. After one year i tried it again because i missed the game at some points and then it was alot of fun. After 2 hours i stopped playing it and 2+ years later i got mh4 (my second mh game) on O3ds XL (trough free shop).

I got yesterday also mh generations but don't touched it for now. Mh4 is alot fun in multiplayer.
And Monster hunter STORIES is boring. The egg part where you have to "Breed" and tap on the eg is pretty fun ^.^ and also the only thing which makes fun and if you guys ask me: My mind is that MH stories has NOTHING to do anymore with Munster hunter 4, generations etc.

How about you guys when you play the demo from mh stories ? looks more like pokemon for me, but i am not saying that pokemon is bad. I love pokemon. But this ... i will install now the full version and play it up to 6 hours and see again if it is still boring or not haha

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Very good to know !. I always install EUR games on my EUR console but still good to know that!.

If i remove the demo right now trough system settings, without installing before the full version and choosing import the save, my save which is in the demo currently will be deleted too right ?
So i install now the full version, make the import and THEN i lose the demo.

I believe Stories will keep the save even with the demo removed since its stored in Extra Data but I wouldn't chance it, just install the game and make sure its got the save then be safe to remove demo.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if that would be so like you describe, it would be annoying. I mean, lets say i have a o3ds xl without CFW. And now i buy a game from eshop, i play it and finish it. Now i delete the game trough system settings but my save gets NOT removed.

Is that rly like that ? that could take alot of space with the time when you install and remove ALOT of games.

Ps. My save is working fine. I installed already monster hunter stories (full version) and everythying works great. And i am starting to like the game more and more with the time.

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well if that would be so like you describe, it would be annoying. I mean, lets say i have a o3ds xl without CFW. And now i buy a game from eshop, i play it and finish it. Now i delete the game trough system settings but my save gets NOT removed.

Is that rly like that ? that could take alot of space with the time when you install and remove ALOT of games.

Ps. My save is working fine. I installed already monster hunter stories (full version) and everythying works great. And i am starting to like the game more and more with the time.

saves are tiny.
the real annoying thing would be saves automatically deleting when you uninstall a game without the system even telling you about it, like on the vita...

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

Most saves will get deleted with the game, only games that store the save in Extra Data will remain, can't think of many that do though, mainly MH Gen, MHX, MHXX and Stories along with Fire Emblem Fates storing some in Extra not all, sure there is a few more games but they are the main ones.

Glad its all working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po