Hacking How do I install Netflix with Hard Mod Wii?

lisambrooks81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii was hard moded years ago when it first came out. I'm trying to install Netflix on it and I keep getting an error saying "no wbfs partition found. You need to format a partition and add some games" when I try to run netflix from the shopping channel.

I have also tried doing this and it didn't work.....Load your WAD manager from the homebrew channel and use IOS249 for a new install. Say no to NAND emulation and select the source for your /wad directory. Install IOS56-64-v5662 and then Shopping Channel-NUS-v20.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't sound like an error message one would receive from trying to install an application in the Wii Shop Channel. Walk me through the steps from when you power on the Wii to receiving that error.

lisambrooks81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the wad manager 1.7 I select the iso249. From there I keep the nand disabled aND access the SD card. I go to wad folder and install the netflix wad file. I then exit and restart the wii. It shows the netflix channel. When I click on that I get a screen that says that error.

Attachments

• 1419700090187-253672956.jpg
    1419700090187-253672956.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 363

lisambrooks81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did update the channel update but it was only v20. Would that matter? Nothing seemed to changed after the update. At least I thought I did. The same way I was doing the netflix wad i did the shopping channel I downloaded.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the Wii Shop Channel v21 WAD, which you can find using ModMii. You also need to install IOS62, which is what the Wii Shop Channel uses. Once finished, you can go into the Wii Shop Channel on your Wii and download Netflix the normal way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)