Gaming How do DS games look on the N3DS?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen that DS games didn't look quite so good on the 3DS, and I wondered if there's any difference with the N3DS? Cheers

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly really doubt there'd be a difference, unless they implemented some sort of intelligent upscaling that generates pixels or whatever (doesn't sound like Nintendo)

It was never a matter of poor programming, it was simply that the 3DS screen resolution is not a multiple of that of the DS, so the games looked bloated/blurry. It's an easily solvable problem if you use original res (holding start/select when launching the game)

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have one myself yet however from recent reviews of the New 3DS's the screen is not only bigger but also more sharp, brighter, more vivid and has better viewing angles when compared to the old 3DS's screen.

Which translates to both 3DS and DS games looking more sharper and more vivid on the New 3DS's screen despite being bigger, than the old 3DS's screen (meaning less pixels per density).

However this should not be a solo deciding factor for upgrading to a New 3DS from an old 3DS, you should have and there are many more other reasons why the New 3DS is worth waiting for and worthwhile upgrade.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, i didnt play a lot of ds games on my old 3ds, because it looked horrible. But now i got an 3dsxl and it looks surprisingly good. But maybe it looks good to me because I expected way worse:P

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It looks exactly how it would if played on a normal 3ds when not in optimal resolution.

the larger top screen does nothing. you get black bars.

pictures inbound

WR53w6L.jpg

and "optimal resolution"

m3FzB9E.jpg

Reactions: .:drk_drgn:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E