How did you choose your username and why?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mentioned my birthday is the same day as Bilbo Baggins, so rogue (then) Supervisor @Vulpes Abnocto decided it would be humorous to change my username to Tom Bombadildo. I liked it so much I decided to keep it, and use it now pretty much everywhere I sign up. That was nearly 6 years ago now I think :unsure:
Vulpes was a real one, I miss seeing him around these parts

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My name but with an Y :)

Don't remember how I picked it though, just that I was into the iPhone scene so 2009-2011 (remember when they were small, "affordable", and with a good looking UI?), before that I used an Hotmail address with a stupid username and a Youtube (non-Google) account with an even more stupid one that someone could legitimately think it came off a random password generator :D

Reactions: SylverReZ

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saw some stupid meme with a picture of Babby (if anyone remembers that) photoshopped onto some fat chav giving a double thumbs up. Underneath it said MAXIMUM BEANS.

No idea what it meant but me and my mate cracked up. Next time I needed a name for a WoW character I tried Maximumbeans. Not only was it available, but literally nobody else on any European server had a character with the name (as far as searches could show me). It's been my go-to ever since.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Saw some stupid meme with a picture of Babby (if anyone remembers that) photoshopped onto some fat chav giving a double thumbs up. Underneath it said MAXIMUM BEANS.

No idea what it meant but me and my mate cracked up. Next time I needed a name for a WoW character I tried Maximumbeans. Not only was it available, but literally nobody else on any European server had a character with the name (as far as searches could show me). It's been my go-to ever since.
I was called M4x1mumReZ once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch