Hacking How can i tell if my Wii remote is fake...

sidishere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously think its fake. How can i tell?
I bought it from ebay. Got shipped from hong kong.
Has a blue sticker on the battery cover with japanse writing..
2ckea0.jpg

18os1z.jpg

16apeok.jpg

24fhc05.jpg

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing... Blue sticker on inside.. AND if you hold your original remote against the ebay one and aim both at the screen and move them around TOGETHER,, notice the IR camera tracking is different too...

What I did was bought a few new ones from wally world and put these in the boxes and Returned them.

ssr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that dealextreme.com is based out of China and uses ebay to sell many of it's items. And they claim that they are authentic first party items but there has been some controversy whether they are original parts or if they are knockoffs. The biggest complaint I've heard from them, is poor wiimote sound quality. That's about it.

Also, if I'm not allowed to mention that site, I apologize in advance and I will (or a mod can) edit it out.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
its fake, i can tell by the inside battery cover. the real wiimote has a peace of its circuit board exposed near the B button.

I will say it definitely looks real, and well done. if i didn't have a wiimote to compare id have never been able to tell. They even put the Nintendo logo on the back
wtf.gif

insane90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO

It's fake. DealExtreme only sell fakes. The tri wing screws look F'd up, they don't look as 'official' as Nintendo ones.

It's 100% fake. Deal Extreme even sell fake R4 cards for the DS !!!! (you can get officially made ones by the real R4 team) but Dealextreme sell fake R4's, that's how fraudulent they are!

however, if it works, it's fine.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
ssr said:
I know that dealextreme.com is based out of China and uses ebay to sell many of it's items. And they claim that they are authentic first party items but there has been some controversy whether they are original parts or if they are knockoffs. The biggest complaint I've heard from them, is poor wiimote sound quality. That's about it.

Also, if I'm not allowed to mention that site, I apologize in advance and I will (or a mod can) edit it out.

Ive been on that site before and they do sell wiimotes cheap. but it states that its not a Nintendo product and they don't use the Nintendo logo.

I was thinking about getting 1 and sticking it in my guitar
tongue.gif
there only like 25 bucks

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that I look again, maybe it is fake, all the text and the pictures of the batteries are imprinted inside the wiimote on mine, the spot the sticker goes inside the wiimote has rounder edges than that, the board under the top left (top left in your image) under the - connector has some white painting.

pintscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fake. I bought one from dealextreme that looked exactly the same (knowing it was a fake) for when friends come over.

They work ok, but you can tell they are a fake by the way they sound when playing games (the sound that comes out of the wiimote is not as crisp) and the rumble isn't as good either.

coedshowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its fake everything i get from dealxtreme seems to be fake and a knock off but it has all worked fine for me so far i have probably spent over 1K with them this year alone everything has worked great bt the shipping seems to take 3weeks to a month or more :/.. sometimes i even forget what ihave bought from them and then get it in the mail and im like:wtf i bought this"?... if it works use it if not wallyworld return everyone does it they hire retards for a reason so they can have someone to blame when they take back bad stuff :x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: