How can I tell a bad bluetooth or wifi module in a wii without cfw?

PkDieglowo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So I got 3 untested wii's from someone, when I tried them, all showed a black screen (With signal) with no audio. I tried all of them in both a somewhat new tv and an old crt display, none worked.
I also couldn't connect a wiimote, the reset button didn't work, but the disk drive did, so my primary suspects are the bluetooth or wifi modules, but how can I tell if the bluetooth, wifi, or other parts are the problem?
Where I live replacing those things are damn. too. expensive. ($25+ a single bluetooth module, and shipping is out of the question). I've already opened one and cleaned both the wifi and bluetooth modules and their connections to no avail. Holding the reset button on startup doesnt show anything, so i don't think they are modded either. I think its weird that all of them have problems with those modules, so how can I proceed? Do I sell them for nothing or do I waste a ton of money trying to revive them?

Xcali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Try RVLoader as it dosent require Bluetooth nor wifi to boot, if you cant you definitely need new wifi/bluetooth modules

you can try swapping bluetooth/wifi modules and see which ones is dead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated