Hacking How can I install TN-V as a bubble?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I finally have this working! Mostly, at least.

I had both Go Sudoku and Gladiator Begins as exploit games, so I sacrificed Gladiator Begins. After many hours of making mistakes, forgetting to rename folders back, reformatting my memory card etc., I finally have the TN-V Launcher working. :)

The only thing I cannot get working is the custom title/icons. I've tried using a self-made and pre-made PBOOT,PBP and copying that to the & folder with no luck. And given I've not sure if there's a way to delete the PBOOT.PBP without reformatting (and I'm already sick and tired of doing that), I think I'll leave it as it is now. It all works fine, it's just still named Gladiator Begins.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah there's tricks to deleting PBOOTs and EBOOTs (which get renamed/protected normally).

The trick to deleting them is renaming them via FTP, so ftp in rename PSP to PSP2 and GAME to GAME2 (not sure if renaming game is needed but can't hurt) then find the PBOOT you want to delete and rename it PBOOT.PBP. that's with a fullstop at the end, then hit delete and should be gone. DON'T FORGET TO RENAME GAME2 AND PSP2 BACK TO GAME AND PSP or things will go to hell. It is fixable without formatting but it's a mega pain.

As for your PBOOTs not working, I'm not sure. I've had better luck using a PARAM.PBP AND a PBOOT.PBP. Don't know if both are actually needed but i had mixed results using only one or the other so both does the trick.

Which do you need? I may have already made them for myself and could change their ID to the game ID you're using and share them.

EDIT: Just edited all the PARAM/PBOOT's I've done/use with gladiator beings game ID. Didn't know which version you were using so just did all 3 EU JP US ID's in folders. :)

There's one for Ark, PSP Filer, FTP, TN-V and VHBL. :)

You can obviously Hex Edit the ID to a different one if you decide to use a different/smaller game as your base game which isn't hard to do. :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!WVwR1CZK!IwVsd6Oos0FpKN8XyqvPPWFuvGWw37jgcKSRN0Rx8CI

tChsJrY.jpg

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah there's tricks to deleting PBOOTs and EBOOTs (which get renamed/protected normally).

The trick to deleting them is renaming them via FTP, so ftp in rename PSP to PSP2 and GAME to GAME2 (not sure if renaming game is needed but can't hurt) then find the PBOOT you want to delete and rename it PBOOT.PBP. that's with a fullstop at the end, then hit delete and should be gone. DON'T FORGET TO RENAME GAME2 AND PSP2 BACK TO GAME AND PSP or things will go to hell. It is fixable without formatting but it's a mega pain.

As for your PBOOTs not working, I'm not sure. I've had better luck using a PARAM.PBP AND a PBOOT.PBP. Don't know if both are actually needed but i had mixed results using only one or the other so both does the trick.

Which do you need? I may have already made them for myself and could change their ID to the game ID you're using and share them.

EDIT: Just edited all the PARAM/PBOOT's I've done/use with gladiator beings game ID. Didn't know which version you were using so just did all 3 EU JP US ID's in folders. :)

There's one for Ark, PSP Filer, FTP, TN-V and VHBL. :)

You can obviously Hex Edit the ID to a different one if you decide to use a different/smaller game as your base game which isn't hard to do. :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!WVwR1CZK!IwVsd6Oos0FpKN8XyqvPPWFuvGWw37jgcKSRN0Rx8CI

tChsJrY.jpg
Thanks a lot! :) Just to clarify, I just copy this into the & folder, right? Nothing else other than that?

Total_n00b has shown off a PS1 Loader bubble but isn't going to be releasing it anytime soon.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It worked! Kinda. The icon is still Gladiator Begins, but it does say TN-V now, which is nice! Thanks again. :)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
That's odd. Both should have changed.

Did you make sure the PBOOT was actually still PBOOT after you copied it over and renamed it PBOOT.PBP. (the fullstop at the end is important, otherwise it will just get renamed to QBOOT or something).

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I made sure of all that. I'm not really sure what the problem is. I can try and post a screen grab of the directory tree later if it would help.

The name has changed though, which is better than it was before!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have hit another snag actually. I prefer to copy files over using QCMA so I copied a PS1 game across using the Go Sudoku save. Doing so seemed to break the TN-V bubble for some reason.

I'm beginning to think this might not be worth all the effort.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same here. Spent a fair while last night and today messing with bubble stuff. And messing up bubble stuff etc haha

Only got Vita FTP and Ark Launcher and a bunch of clones so far.

BUBBLES!!!

9QkTV2M.jpg

How did you run the Final Fantasy Type 0 Demo??

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can download it from 'places' and install it using the Package Manager exploit. It is a .pkg file.

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
If your logo doesnt change - shift your ICON0.PNG from 144x80 to 80x80, then try. I have noticed some demo's act kinda weird.

I have posted a guide over at wololo that demonstrates how to use a DEMO as a Bubble, but if you change DEMO to MINI then you get a much smaller homebrew bubble.

Smallest DEMO = 60MB
Smallest MINI = 10MB

make a VHBL bubble out of 2 mini's and you should be all set (differnt mini's) just in case the blacklist hits your bubble in later updates.
FW3.35 HAS MAJOR restrictions on it - 1MB File transfers etc etc.

There are patches but not implementated yet to VHBL.

ALSO , No ISO Support or eCFW (So no ARK/TNV)

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download it from 'places' and install it using the Package Manager exploit. It is a .pkg file.
I know you can install it with pkg installer, but how do you make it run usually you get some error code

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I know you can install it with pkg installer, but how do you make it run usually you get some error code

To get the demo to actually run, you have to copy the .rif file from another game you actually own (license file) and rename it to the content ID of the demo JP0082-NPJH90252_00-0000000000000000.rif in the FF Type0 demo's case.

Then rename the folder of the demo to NPJH90252&discid=UCES01177 (<-- change the ID after = to whatever the game ID is that you copied the .rif from and it should actually run like normal. :)

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get the demo to actually run, you have to copy the .rif file from another game you actually own (license file) and rename it to the content ID of the demo JP0082-NPJH90252_00-0000000000000000.rif in the FF Type0 demo's case.

Then rename the folder of the demo to NPJH90252&discid=UCES01177 (<-- change the ID after = to whatever the game ID is that you copied the .rif from and it should actually run like normal. :)

Thank you for the help, let me try it, and this will allow me to run the demo??

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should yes. Worked for me at least. :)

The .rif or license file does it have to a psp one or any?? WHat I have done is used a ps1 one i have and copied to my pc and then renamed it to what you put and then put it back and then renamed the folder for type 0 demo but i get the C1-2738-0 error

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm I'm not sure. Only tested it with a full psp game license (patapon 2 in my case) and the demo booted no problem.

You most likely have to do the whole "rebuild database" thing as well like when doing custom bubbles for it to work.

Still not sure if it works with a ps1 rif or not, I'm gonna guess it needs a psp game one though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1