how can I extact movie disks for backing up my movies?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to back up my sisters movies so she doesn't have to carry around a bag full of movies when she is carring around her computer with her and I want to dump my own movies so I can make 3ds cia files out of them so please help... I can't use imgburn without getting a copywrite error...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install anydvd and just copy with imgburn as usual while anydvd is running in the background to backup the disc directly.
i like to use makemkv instead to rip the discs directly to mkv from there you can convert to any format more easily, not as good if you're ever planning on putting it back to another disc though.

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
For DVDs MakeMKV is absolutely the best method. You get an easy to use .MKV video file and can merge subs and secondary audio tracks like commentary into the MKV if you want.
No loss in quality, no transcoding, just a copy of the movie as an MKV.

If you want an exact copy with the DVD menus and everything you could just rip an ISO with DVD Decrypter and for playback, mount the ISO.

for Bluarys, anydvdHD + makemkv is perfect.

Last edited by dfsa3fdvc1,
Reactions: longernohuman

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
VLC has worked for me in the past, but it can be pretty buggy and sometimes hard to work with when extracting DVDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: