• Replies 140
  • Likes 8

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The circle is separate from the actual Dpad, unlike x360 controllers. You can really tell because of the two different shades of gray.
If that is the case then it looks like a good d-pad. It looks like a solid piece to me, but it is probably just that the colors are so similar that it's hard for me to tell them apart.

Reactions: Garblant

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Really?
Ditching on the Hori's D-Pad?
To be honest, I have used quite a few Hori controllers, and I can safely say they use way better D-Pad designs than both Xbox and PlayStation.
Yeah I said it.

I have full confidence that at least this D-Pad will be better than that of a PS4 or Xbox 360 (I cannot say for Xbox One since I haven't used its controller yet).
Hori's D-pad designs are comfortable, but still Nintendo's original D-Pad design is better.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really?
Ditching on the Hori's D-Pad?
To be honest, I have used quite a few Hori controllers, and I can safely say they use way better D-Pad designs than both Xbox and PlayStation.
Yeah I said it.

I have full confidence that at least this D-Pad will be better than that of a PS4 or Xbox 360 (I cannot say for Xbox One since I haven't used its controller yet).
Hori's D-pad designs are comfortable, but still Nintendo's original D-Pad design is better.

Right?! ..It's like OP and its minions never hold a Hori before, or watched a review even

It looks like a floating circle to me, like the one on x360.
I kind of can't see what you're talking about. My fault probably.

Hum... I think I see what you mean.. I'll try to get a bit on what I take out of that.

To start, the Hori controller img that we got is a CG rendition.. so the perception of its details may vary. But here is what I see:

B1234Gp.jpg

Last edited by Walker D,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Right?! ..It's like OP and its minions never hold a Hori before, or watched a review even
I own the Pokkén Hori and the Pikachu Smash Hori controller which are both incredible and their d-pads are brilliant. However, on this Hori Switch controller the d-pad looks like crap.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I own the Pokkén Hori and the Pikachu Smash Hori controller which are both incredible and their d-pads are brilliant. However, on this Hori Switch controller the d-pad looks like crap.
"Looks"
I'm unsure it will feel amazing, I like the cushy-like design it has.
Hori makes good D-pads for sure."

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
"Looks"
I'm unsure it will feel amazing, I like the cushy-like design it has.
Hori makes good D-pads for sure."
It also "looks" that the d-pad is nowhere near as good as the Pokkén and Smash controllers' d-pads that they've done. For smudgy d-pads, there's already Xbox 360 ones.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also "looks" that the d-pad is nowhere near as good as the Pokkén and Smash controllers' d-pads that they've done. For smudgy d-pads, there's already Xbox 360 ones.
It's a rendering.The final version will most likely look different from this one, so just wait till we get photos of the thing after it's made and photographed.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Have you held the controller in your hand?
Also defending it without knowing for a fact doesn't help you guys. Basing it on a simple comparison shows that the d-pad of their newest controller isn't as good as the previous ones.

Anyway, getting the Hori Pro Controller as the "main" for the Switch isn't really a good idea since it lacks the technology of the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con/Pro Controller.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also defending it without knowing for a fact doesn't help you guys. Basing it on a simple comparison shows that the d-pad of their newest controller isn't as good as the previous ones.

Anyway, getting the Hori Pro Controller as the "main" for the Switch isn't really a good idea since it lacks the technology of the Nintendo Switch Joy-Con/Pro Controller.

If people want to waste their money with these shoddy controllers and overpriced SD cards, that's their own damn fault XD

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people want to waste their money with these shoddy controllers and overpriced SD cards, that's their own damn fault XD
Still, in this case the controller isn't as expensive as the first-party variant and it's made by a company that makes good controllers. The Dpad (and the wire) is(are) really the only downside(s) to this thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Judge Wario :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: