MACpass

Change log (v2.0):
*Edit Macs in app window or txt file
*Enter Windows cmd prompt commands in app window
*Customize cmd prompt commands in app window or text file
*Toggle off virtual miniport restart when not using Windows 7/8
*Edit cooldown time (time between network reset and virtual miniport restart)
*Countdown timer, run custom number of macs at a time

This is another mac changer to aid in the homepass phenomenon. I know we already have a couple of these, but this one has some nice features that the community has been asking for.

So without further delay, I hereby introduce:

sh7HyUA.png

Kinda simple looking I know, but its easy to use. :P

Features:

·Customizable mac list in txt form
·Saves cycle progress, delay time, and random mac list to file
·Pausing
·Skip to next mac
·Random by default (unique list order per user) for more consistent hits
·Simple gui interface (thanks tkinter :P)
·Low CPU overhead
·Open source in Python
·Stand-alone Python distribution

Any questions, concerns let me know. Just be reminded that this is beta software and to go easy on me. : )

Edit: This only works with Win 7/8 for now.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the look for this... but it won't actually change my Mac Address... (I've been trying to do it the Prompt method, and following all the instructions... but it just won't change)

Is there something I'm likely forgetting?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Version 2.0 is out, pretty major update. Barring bugfixes, this should be my last feature update.
Download

Change log (v2.0):

*Edit Macs in app window or txt file
*Enter Windows cmd prompt commands in app window
*Customize cmd prompt commands in app window or text file
*Toggle off virtual miniport restart when not using Windows 7/8
*Edit cooldown time (time between network reset and virtual miniport restart)
*Countdown timer, run custom number of macs at a time

nDN1wLf.png

Reactions: JRave and Jiehfeng

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
Snailface

Wow, loving the update...is it now compatible with windows-xp ?

* keep up the great work *
I don't have an XP system to test on, but from observing the source code of Chaldron's WinXP cycler, this program is behaving the same way as it does and should work.

Just untick the Virtual Miniport checkbox though. That stops it from executing, "netsh wlan start hostednetwork", which XP doesn't have.

Reactions: breaktemp

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've been misreading something...

When using HomePass, which Mac Address am I supposed to be changing?
-Ethernet (Wired/Wireless Internet)
-Wireless ('Wi-Fi', supplying the HomePass) Answer: THIS ONE.
-Virtual Miniport ('attwifi', the 'Router' that is connected to)

Edit: FINALLY got my answer on another thread.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall if the version previous to this one did it or not.. But Shuffling Macs does not save that shuffled list to the macs.txt like I thought it did/should. I had some dead MAC's in my listings I wanted to remove, while adding some new ones. I ended up running my macs list through a randomizer online, then overwriting what was in the default macs.txt.

I guess one could use the shuffle then save/pause then load them every time.

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
I can't recall if the version previous to this one did it or not.. But Shuffling Macs does not save that shuffled list to the macs.txt like I thought it did/should. I had some dead MAC's in my listings I wanted to remove, while adding some new ones. I ended up running my macs list through a randomizer online, then overwriting what was in the default macs.txt.

I guess one could use the shuffle then save/pause then load them every time.
Yeah that is on purpose about the macs.txt not being overwritten. Once its generated (randomly) upon the first time running MACpass, its stays the same unless One, its deleted (it'll 're-spawn' when the program restarts) or Two, its overwritten manually by the user as you've done. Its that way to protect a list the user wants to stay permanent. Should have been more clear about that in the directions.

You can always just manually move your shuffled macs over from the macsave.txt (where Save/Load button saves to) to macs.txt (always loads on program start).

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to use this program, but the malware/adware/whateverware I chose to opt out of is preventing me from finishing the installation (stuck at 22%).

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
I really want to use this program, but the malware/adware/whateverware I chose to opt out of is preventing me from finishing the installation (stuck at 22%).
Re-download using "Manual Download" instead of Automatic. There's adware bundled in the ''Automatic" one.
Imho, this is the best mac cycler there is. I use it all the time, and btw snailface, I used it in a tutorial ^_^
Thank you. ^^

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-download using "Manual Download" instead of Automatic. There's adware bundled in the ''Automatic" one.

Thanks! Seems to be working great so far (the GUI in this is awesome because I can actually see what commands are being run). I'll have to test this when I get home today as I mistakenly left my 3DS there.

oooharuooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how to use this one, so basically, I got everything ( attwifi, hotspot), after I open the MACpass, how do I use it,i'm playing Bravely Default, so I just have to copy the MAC address then paste to the space between LOAD & SAVE, then press Start right ??? I did it and only get one Streetpass, it's been 4 hours and I don't see the green light on 3ds anymore ( just Blue light ). And what about Delay, Countdown, Next Mac ... use for ???
I heard you can only get one streetpass each 8 hours right ???

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
I don't understand how to use this one, so basically, I got everything ( attwifi, hotspot), after I open the MACpass, how do I use it,i'm playing Bravely Default, so I just have to copy the MAC address then paste to the space between LOAD & SAVE, then press Start right ??? I did it and only get one Streetpass, it's been 4 hours and I don't see the green light on 3ds anymore ( just Blue light ). And what about Delay, Countdown, Next Mac ... use for ???
I heard you can only get one streetpass each 8 hours right ???
Everything on the control panel is described in the readme.txt.

Honestly it might be easier to edit the macs.txt if you want custom macs than using the GUI.
If things are still too confusing, use MACpass v1.2 (its at the same download link as 2.0, look to the right of page)
Yes, you need to wait 8 hours in between SP hits for a particular mac. But with 160 macs you should be able to use them continuously.

witchiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I could get the Nintendo Zone on my 3DS but I couldnt seem to get the streetpass hit. My Wireless miniport doesnt change the MAC eventhough i have followed all the steps.

Can anyone help me please?

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
so I found out about the Manual download. Apologies to OP for putting his files in the middle of a malware infested website.

Do not click AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD it will pretty much put a bunch of spyware and shit on your computer without you knowing about it

super chaos mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi , I tried to create a virtual WiFi for get the Eon Ticket via HomePass on ORAS but I always have this problem :I have no resources to proceed. Well it's not exactly this but is like this. What is happening?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
i am using windows 7 with my laptop
i only have huawei modem

i executed the program and made created new wifi named attwifi

mftKqKO.jpg

it was made by the program it self

its been cycling around several macs for around 2 hours still no street pass

what i am doing wrong ?

my 3DS is connected to the attwifi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)