Which version do you use?

• Total voters

MirkoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Chaldron, is it possible to add an option for using different mac-lists? Perhaps when the gui is ready? I'd like to spoof real Nintendo Zones when i find them and use their Macs to SP people from those special regions. So i only have to visit a Zone once and can use them at home. Then you can choose yourself whether you want to SP people worldwide or perhaps those from a special Region to complete the Map.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there, Chaldron. I've noticed a decent amount of people are using your MAC cycle script with a few minutes in-between. Do you think it's possible to add an option to go through the MACs at random? (though still always one you haven't had yet until the cycle is over). It would pretty much solve the problem of encountering the same people so many times in a row.

Reactions: picano

Darats

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm running the XP version and my cmd prompt tells me that "timeout' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Could you try to change the command as it seems not to be natively available on XP ?
Or maybe, I can get a Win32 timeout.exe somewhere.

Thanks.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the XP version and my cmd prompt tells me that "timeout' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

Could you try to change the command as it seems not to be natively available on XP ?
Or maybe, I can get a Win32 timeout.exe somewhere.

Thanks.

I will edit this. Apparently for pausing in XP you need to ping a local address for a set amount of time.

I'm also working on a GUI which will have this.

Thanks!

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying the Windows setup. I made sure my Wi-Fi card isn't communicating with anything, and that I was hooked up via ethernet. I start the hosted network, and the 3DS finds it. I enter the passkey in the settings, but when it tests, it can't seem to connect to the internet. And I'm using an Atheros adapter as well. I enabled sharing on the ethernet to make sure the hosted network got an internet connection, but I still can't seem to get it going.

Does your network look like this: http://i.imgur.com/UHGo1HK.png

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Chaldron, is it possible to add an option for using different mac-lists? Perhaps when the gui is ready? I'd like to spoof real Nintendo Zones when i find them and use their Macs to SP people from those special regions. So i only have to visit a Zone once and can use them at home. Then you can choose yourself whether you want to SP people worldwide or perhaps those from a special Region to complete the Map.

Yes, I suppose. You would probably have to type in the MAC manually for custom MACs, but I can make an option to cycle through Nintendo World MACs as well.

Hey there, Chaldron. I've noticed a decent amount of people are using your MAC cycle script with a few minutes in-between. Do you think it's possible to add an option to go through the MACs at random? (though still always one you haven't had yet until the cycle is over). It would pretty much solve the problem of encountering the same people so many times in a row.

Not sure about this. It might be possible with the GUI, but no promises.

Windows batch scripting does support this, but I'd have to edit every single MAC with something like "You're MAC number 1, you're number 2" etc and then use a random number generator to pick one. However, with this, it's possible to hit the same MAC twice while cycling.

Thanks for the feed back. I'll look into it, but I'm working on something big for v6, a GUI.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Works now, for the most part. All that it can't do is connect to a Nintendo Zone hotspot in the app, but the system does recognize it now.

Edit: Gonna give the app a try and see if I get any hits.

Yeah, you can't connect to NZone with a encrypted network.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure about this. It might be possible with the GUI, but no promises.

Windows batch scripting does support this, but I'd have to edit every single MAC with something like "You're MAC number 1, you're number 2" etc and then use a random number generator to pick one. However, with this, it's possible to hit the same MAC twice while cycling.

Thanks for the feed back. I'll look into it, but I'm working on something big for v6, a GUI.

Aye. I'm glad you'll look into it, even if it doesn't work. I suppose it's not too bad if it's possible to hit the same MAC twice. I'll be looking forward to newer versions.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you want to make a randomized MAC address thing, what I would do (I'm thinking in terms of C#, but you can change to whatever language this is in) is make a list/array of all the currently-used MAC addresses, then copy it to another variable (So that there are two of them with the same contents). Make it determine the number of MACs in the second list, then use a random number generator to choose a number from one to the number of MACs in the list, select it, set it to the SSID, then purge it and make the second list smaller. Then when it comes around again, all that will be in there is unused MACs, and once the list is empty, make it copy from the master list (The first list) again, and start randomly picking them out again.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to make a randomized MAC address thing, what I would do (I'm thinking in terms of C#, but you can change to whatever language this is in) is make a list/array of all the currently-used MAC addresses, then copy it to another variable (So that there are two of them with the same contents). Make it determine the number of MACs in the second list, then use a random number generator to choose a number from one to the number of MACs in the list, select it, set it to the SSID, then purge it and make the second list smaller. Then when it comes around again, all that will be in there is unused MACs, and once the list is empty, make it copy from the master list (The first list) again, and start randomly picking them out again.

Cool, thanks

Reactions: loco365

MirkoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think your Mac-Cycler doesn't like me ;-)
After each Mac the cycler stops my hostednetwork and starts it again... so far so good... but sometimes my WiFi gets deacitvated... and i have to reacitvate it (via Fn + F2)...
This even happens when i change the Mac manually, about each second Mac. Can you build in a funktion that reactivates the WiFi if it is down?

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok this is my problem:1) instead of local network connection 2 ,it says wireless network connection 2 (which is a microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter) .
2) although i ve done all things mentioned,when i start the mac cycler.exe (normal edition) both my ''Wi-Fi''(wireless connection 1 ) and ''attwifi'' (wireless connection 2) get disabled automatically...why ? any help would be appreciated,thanks in advance

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
also,from now on when i put the command :netsh wlan start hostednetwork
it sais:
C:\windows\system32>netsh wlan start hostednetwork
The hosted network couldn't be started.

A device attached to the system is not functioning.
maybe it has crushed?

MisoSoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pavlos, did it work before?

Try typing in "netsh wlan show drivers" and look for a string saying "Hosted Network Support". If it says no, your wifi card doesn't support creating virtual APs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing