Hacking Homebrew and backups coming to PS4 4.55 FW

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 28,278
  • Replies 81
  • Likes 12
D

Deleted-355425

As told by a Reddit user, flat z doesn’t knew about that share and it was unauthorized used of his material. Guess we are back to ground zero again.

the video was on flatz youtube account though?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they have a PKG guide to this extent, they will also have the kex to go along with it. Will be interesting to see if they release it because if they do its a major step forward for the PS4 scene.

As told by a Reddit user, flat z doesn’t knew about that share and it was unauthorized used of his material. Guess we are back to ground zero again.

He shared this video?

Reactions: peteruk

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A proof ? Did Flat Z says that in his own words ? I wouldnt trusted Reddit user saying that without flat z's comments as evidently.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A proof ? Did Flat Z says that in his own words ? I wouldnt trusted Reddit user saying that without flat z's comments as evidently.

That user claimed flat z was hacked, and the video was not meant to be publicized. (Don't get me wrong, I do believe the hack is legit.)

And no I don't have proof to that, nor did Flat Z said anything after the video came out. But my experience with the PS4 scene was until there's something, there's nothing.

(Also the clip's description mentioned that a kernel exploit is required for the write-up, I'd read that as "you gotta bring your own exploit to the party" more than "yall gonna have homebrew for nothing".)

Last edited by _______,
Reactions: spotanjo3

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check it.
bFn0mk8.png

i know this guy doesn't often release things, but at least we know it's currently possible. bravo

Reactions: peteruk

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
check it.
bFn0mk8.png

i know this guy doesn't often release things, but at least we know it's currently possible. bravo

I believe as buggy as 5.0 is, sure it must have a kernel bug. And what he said was nothing useful like "the sun rise again". Maybe we should stop feeding those people's ego by stop sharing their empty claim?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check it.
bFn0mk8.png

Ohhhh damnnnnn. I might just keep my pro on 4.70 to just wait and see what happens here! (I have a feeling nothing will though)

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no console I want to get hacked more than the PS4, not cause I use mine particularly often, but because I want Sony to go fuck themselves for managing to just shrug off the auto eject MANUFACTURING FUCK UP. And on top of that, having the audacity to tell people affected by it to "pls rebuild the database thank". I'm the type of guy who pirates to try, if good, buy, but I'm gonna buy as few games as possible for this piece of shit. Fucking cuntholes.

That’s nothing. They banned my account after seven years and thousands of dollars spent on my games for a “TOS Violation” when never play online and the only time I used an internet connection was to download games from my PS Plus or games I bought on the store. No explanation, just bam. Fuck Sony. I’m getting my fucking games back one way or the other.

Last edited by skydancer93,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s nothing. They banned my account after seven years and thousands of dollars spent on my games for a “TOS Violation” when never play online and the only time I used an internet connection was to download games from my PS Plus or games I bought on the store. No explanation, just bam. Fuck Sony. I’m getting my fucking games back one way or the other.
Well you had to have done something to violate the TOS... Sony only bans you if you do something they don't like... So don't blame them for severing your connection after something was done. If you did nothing wrong, then sue them for wrongfully banning you?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I believe as buggy as 5.0 is, sure it must have a kernel bug. And what he said was nothing useful like "the sun rise again". Maybe we should stop feeding those people's ego by stop sharing their empty claim?
yes indeed, i agree with you.

the guy rarely shows anything except for saying "did it, spanked x.xx fw" bla.

but the video on this thread looks legit af.
flat z it is ehhh.
lookin good.

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
See: https://playstationhax.xyz/homebrew-coming-to-ps4-firmware-4-55/

You all know of the ability of PS4‘s on firmware version 1.76 to run Homebrew and backups, well it seems that this method will be coming to PS4‘s on firmware version 4.55, here is a video from super scene developer @flatz:

Installation of custom and repacked PKG files on a retail PS4 with a kernel’s exploit. A totally different and more bullet-proof method in comparison with the one from 1.76. A write-up on how to achieve this will see the light soon (and again, kernel exploit is needed for that, also porting to other firmwares is possible and shouldn’t be hard).

I'm so excited for this.
WFa5D8y.jpg

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you had to have done something to violate the TOS... Sony only bans you if you do something they don't like... So don't blame them for severing your connection after something was done. If you did nothing wrong, then sue them for wrongfully banning you?

I'm planning on it actually. Just have to get some money up for an attorney.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thats the problem with the PS4 scene theres always some sort of breakthrough or theory, but the person behind it wont release anything, but a dev kit

I think there's good money behind it. Things like Save Wizard for PS4 requires things like this to have the save encryption key and algorithm, and currently it supports up to 5.00. It only took them 4 days to get there. As long as things like that still working, I don't think we need anymore tweet proof that it can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-