Android Hey check out this flawless N64 emulator.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried this on my Xperia Play and it works perfectly, with physical buttons
biggrin.gif

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen the desire to emulate these kind of games on a phone, especially without a keyboard.
I'll wait for the PS Vita to get hacked(which it will because everyone hates Sony and wants to pwn them).

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Framework43 said:
I've never seen the desire to emulate these kind of games on a phone, especially without a keyboard.
I'll wait for the PS Vita to get hacked(which it will because everyone hates Sony and wants to pwn them).

That. and maybe the 3DS will come around some day.

Still! one of the most impressive portable emulations of N64 I've seen yet. thx for sharing.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
N64oid does not require a galaxy SII to run many games at full speed, any device with a 800/1Ghz arm CPU and a powerVR SGX should work fine, for example my 150$ tablet (dropad A8) runs many N64 titles at full speed.
Can you tell me where you bought your dropad A8 from?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bryon15 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXknFtIPUQs#

I've searched for a long time and this is the only N64 emulator I've seen that runs smoothly with near perfect sound. I've wanted a handheld N64 for sooo long. But there's only one problem. It's only available on a $600 samsung galaxy s2 smart phone!! So there's no chance of me affording it. Crap >:(

I have the phone, I got it the day it was released. I tried the emulator some time back but it doesent play well due to the number of on screen controls.... It doesent feel right.. Not all games play correctly either..

There is a program to use your Wii controller on your Android, cant for the life of me remember which one was the best as there are a number of them, I know read this one worked fine and was free

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.c...d.WiiUseAndroid

Edit :-
grog.gif
1,000th post

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bryon15 said:

I've searched for a long time and this is the only N64 emulator I've seen that runs smoothly with near perfect sound. I've wanted a handheld N64 for sooo long. But there's only one problem. It's only available on a $600 samsung galaxy s2 smart phone!! So there's no chance of me affording it. Crap >:(

the xperia arc can also play the emulator at full speed and i have one
smile.gif
it plays perfect dark beautifully, it's quite embarrassing that the ps3 which has a CELL PROCESSOR can't even do this, it's crazy, i was very shocked when i 1st brought my phone and tried perfect dark, it was very impressive
smile.gif
, not even my xbox 1 can play perfect dark at full speed!

one bonus of the sansung galaxy S2 and xperia ARC is that they both have hdmi out so i get pure bliss playing on my hdtv, the only think to top it all is if i can find a app that lets you sync wiimotes to your mobile phone, but i heard that you can't do that on android, the option is there in the emulator though.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
funem said:
Bryon15 said:

I have the phone, I got it the day it was released. I tried the emulator some time back but it doesent play well due to the number of on screen controls.... It doesent feel right.. Not all games play correctly either..

grog.gif
1,000th post

that is one disadvantage of using the touch screen to play n64 games is it doesn't work well as you are always looking at the screen to press the button, there is no L button on the screen only Z! so some games are unplayable because of this, that is why i wish there was a way to sync your wiimote to your mobile phone to play it.

QUOTE(emigre @ Aug 2 2011, 08:19 PM)
People buy phones to play emulators?

people buy phones for emulators because of portability, xperia play is the ultimate phone for that because it has physical buttons, i was going to get one but i got the arc instead.

D

Deleted-236924

jalaneme said:
that is one disadvantage of using the touch screen to play n64 games is it doesn't work well as you are always looking at the screen to press the button
What...
You're going to be looking at the screen anyway.
If you don't, you won't know what is going on in your game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
jalaneme said:
that is one disadvantage of using the touch screen to play n64 games is it doesn't work well as you are always looking at the screen to press the button
What...
You're going to be looking at the screen anyway.
If you don't, you won't know what is going on in your game.

i am talking about playing while using the hdmi tv out feature.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
funem said:
Bryon15 said:

grog.gif
1,000th post

that is one disadvantage of using the touch screen to play n64 games is it doesn't work well as you are always looking at the screen to press the button, there is no L button on the screen only Z! so some games are unplayable because of this, that is why i wish there was a way to sync your wiimote to your mobile phone to play it.

QUOTE(emigre @ Aug 2 2011, 08:19 PM)
People buy phones to play emulators?

people buy phones for emulators because of portability, xperia play is the ultimate phone for that because it has physical buttons, i was going to get one but i got the arc instead.

You missed the last bit of the post which answered your Wiimote issue

There is a program to use your Wii controller on your Android, cant for the life of me remember which one was the best as there are a number of them, I know read this one worked fine and was free

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.c...d.WiiUseAndroid

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an Xperia Play and this emulator, and I'm actually disliking it.
A few games I've tried don't work, there's no Xperia Play touchpad support, there's no settings for adjusting analog on the D-Pad, there's no Xperia Play touchpad support, there are graphical glitches in a few games (including Ocarina of Time), and there's no Xperia Play touchpad support.
Seriously, this emulator feels lacking without the touchpad support on this thing. I'm stuck with using the D-pad for analog (which is all jerky when playing Goldeneye/Perfect Dark), or using the touchscreen (which feels awkward and out of the way).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....