Hardware Help with third part device'audio connected via jack cable 3.5mm

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,hope this is the right section.Pratically the problem is whatever I connect via jack a device to my pc to the microphone port the sound is not found by none of programs of recording or other.
Until some days ago everytime I plugged a device to the port a window appeared on the screen saying me to choose what was now inserted(headphone,microphone,ecc..)but from when I've connected pc to a new headphone via usb cable now this window is disappeared so I can't do it using that

I'm on wyndows 8.1 and the pc is an Acer notebook.Also if I go to realteck configuration pannel it show me the cable is recognized but not the sound(I believe)

So what I need now is to find a way to active again that pannel or be able to fix in another way.

Help is very appreciated! thank you so much :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you shine a light inside the port and see if the thing is bent or dirty. You can also try wiggling the jack in the port and seeing what happens there.

It could be some kind of software issue but quite often I find it to be a port issue as they are not built to be plugged and unplugged that much.

If it is hardware and you don't want to fix it then you can always buy a USB sound card too.

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you shine a light inside the port and see if the thing is bent or dirty. You can also try wiggling the jack in the port and seeing what happens there.

It could be some kind of software issue but quite often I find it to be a port issue as they are not built to be plugged and unplugged that much.

If it is hardware and you don't want to fix it then you can always buy a USB sound card too.

Thank you for the reply :)
I found your message very interesting but I don't think what you have said is the way to fix this problem,because I tried several devices and between them 2 headphones and both of them worked properly.
Like I said on the title what I'm trying to link is a third-part device(3DS) and like you can understand this is not a object usually connected to a pc but when I connected via jack in April the sound was found on my pc and I was able to record it and not only.
I think I'll see something about the USB sound card you suggest me anyway pratically there was a window before I connected the headphone to the USB port and this function (maybe for a mistake)has the possibility below to be disabled and maybe I clicked on also if I'm sure to haven't did nothing...

Another way to solve that(I believe) would be to become in "entrance line" the plugged device but now that window is disabled the only way to do it is to change some settings from control pannel

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the point is:
all works perfectly with an usb adapter but seem the port of my notebook give only output but is not able to capture audio in entrance.

I don't think it is broken so what I can do to reactivate the full functionality?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD