Milanor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,i m new to this forums
smile.gif

i have a problem with my Dstt and that's that some saved data gets corrupted on some games this are some of them:

Apollo Justice
The World Ends With you
Elite Beat Agents
Proffesor Layton and the curious village
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

i have played many other games(around 25) without saving problems,but i don't know my saves get corrupted only on those games,about EBA i tried downloading from 2 different sources and i still have the same problem.
i don't really know if my DStt is fake,could that be the problem?do i need to upgrade firmware?(i think i have 1.15) and yes i always removed the usb adapter safely.i got a 1 GB kingston SD card,Taiwanese
help plz
unsure.gif

Milanor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bri said:
Is your microSD card too full?

Do you have your .nds and .sav files on the root instead of in a "games" folder?

-Bri
it usually has around 50 mb free..
also i forgot to mention i tried TWEWY in a different SD,a 1 gb one and TWEWY was the only game on it,and it still got corrupted.

and yes i have both .nds and .sav files on the root

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That may be your problem. Put your .nds and .sav files in a folder and it should work. There's a limit to the number of files that can be at the root.

-Bri

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Another stellar contribution to the discussion by wallstreet.
Bri, never fuel an idiot by replying to their stupid posts. If we all just ignore these two drongos they will just fade away.

Swifteye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea my dragon quest iv occasionally decides that my save file is corrupt also. i almost quit playin the game the first time it happened. its also happened with a few gbc roms. i have no idea wut causes it so far or how to fix (yes my games and everything are organized into folders). if u have the option with whatever games this happens to just save multiple files wen u save that works for me because usually it only corrupts one specific file and not all the saves. its annoying to save three or so times to copy ur file every time to avoid this but hey if it works then what other choice is there.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of reasons that your microSD card can get corrupted.

Perhaps your microSD card is formatted incorrectly. Reformat it using the Panasonic formatter.

Maybe you don't use "safely remove hardware" before removing the microSD card from the PC. Always use "safely remove hardware" (launch it and press "STOP") before removing the microSD card.

Maybe you don't have enough free space on your microSD card. Always leave free space for save files and other system files.

Maybe you have too many files on the root of your microSD card. Always put your .nds files in a "games" folder.

Perhaps you have a bad microSD card or reader. Try using a different card and/or reader and see if it makes a difference.

-Bri

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Turning your DS off at a time when the app may be saving to the microSD is a good thing to avoid also.
Always try to quit back to the main screen of official games before turning off or soft resetting. Wait a bit before powering off/soft resetting homebrew if its just saved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...