ROM Hack Help with Paragon for Fire Emblem

tenma_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ! I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I have a few questions as I'm super new to modding (and I mean SUPER new). Right now, I'm just kind of interested in modding Fire Emblem Awakening and maybe Fire Emblem Fates.

I decided to dive into modding since I wanted to use the gay marriage mod for Awakening and Fates and use Paragon to edit classes for some characters, but I'm gonna be 100% honest, there's a lot of terminology and stuff that I just can't understand and gets me confused since I’m so new to everything.

I have downloaded it to my computer but all that seems to pop up is a blank black window, so am I missing something, like a separate software/program that it needs to boot? I checked the requirements txt file and can’t seem to comprehend what the requirements actually are.

Right now, my current goal is to make a mod to allow characters to access classes that are normally genderlocked, while also giving them gender-appropriate battle models (by using models from other classes). For example, Male Robin getting access to Dark Flier, but his model will be the Griffon Rider armor.

PixelHacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you extract the zipped folder? Most things don't run properly without doing that.

(As a side note, that's not a mod that's going to be easy to make. Gender is intrinsically tied to class in Fire Emblem Awakening, so any class that's gender exclusive literally does not exist for the "wrong" gender. Classes that aren't genderlocked are actually two different classes, one for male units and one for female units, and the gender the game treats the character as is determined by their class. On top of that, Awakening modding isn't supported by Paragon nearly as well as Fates modding is, so I'd suggest you start with the latter.)

tenma_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you extract the zipped folder? Most things don't run properly without doing that.

(As a side note, that's not a mod that's going to be easy to make. Gender is intrinsically tied to class in Fire Emblem Awakening, so any class that's gender exclusive literally does not exist for the "wrong" gender. Classes that aren't genderlocked are actually two different classes, one for male units and one for female units, and the gender the game treats the character as is determined by their class. On top of that, Awakening modding isn't supported by Paragon nearly as well as Fates modding is, so I'd suggest you start with the latter.)

Hey, thanks for your reply. I ended up figuring out everything out in the meantime. Everything was extracted in the first place, it was a simple matter of (strangely) waiting for Paragon to properly load after the aforementioned blank window would pop-up.

However, on the contrary, I was able to successfully create a gender-lock-free mod in Awakening as well as Shadows of Valentia with Paragon. Tbh, it wasn't difficult at all lmao, it was just a matter of duplicating the gender-locked class and changing the battle models. The Awakening mod is pretty rough, as it doesn't properly overlap with the Gay Awakening mod, but everything seems to work perfectly fine so far. I have made a male Pegasus Knight class and a male Troubadour class and there doesn't seem to be any bugs--none that I haven't been able to fix at least. With Shadows of Valentia, creating the mod was significantly easier to make and I was able to create unisex classes for pretty much every class. I am planning on sharing my SoV mod soon as well.

Thanks for your help though. And with that, I do recommend trying a Dark Flier Ricken and Falcon Knight Conrad.

Last edited by tenma_k,

Nettie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread for this. This would be first time trying to mod fates and I'm not sure whether to install them through luma3ds or paragon when it comes to doing multiple mods. If Paragon is the best way to go, is there anyone who could perhaps help walkthrough how to properly install and map them so there hopefully won't be any issues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol