Hardware Help With First PC Build?

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to build a pc pretty soon but tbh i kinda feel like a noob and don't fully trust myself on pcpartpicker-

ik i want the build to be pretty beefed up with: ryzen 9, 32gb of ram, rgb, windows 11, with razer accessories.
also with dual 24in monitors 120 - 144hz with preferably 2k but 4k is fine.

im going for a black/white color scheme so if you have any part recommendations (of if u wanna just pick the parts yourself) lmk! :) thanks!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also with dual 24in monitors 120 - 144hz with preferably 2k but 4k is fine.

24" 4K 144hz doesn't exist.
24" 1440P 144hz, also doesn't really exist. There used to be a few of them, but discontinued now and not replaced by newer models.

Need to go 27" if you want anything other than 1080p high refresh.

Reactions: Stardust3033

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I do not recommend installing Windows 11 into any PC for gaming at this time, it has so many problems and performance issues and missing features from Win10. Win10 will have the most compatibility with modern games or whatever you choose to play on there. If you're going with ryzen, make sure to get fast ram, Ryzen processors like fast ram, so any sort of DDR4 3200mhz speed or above should be fine. DDR5 is in the early stages of being in the market and won't drop in price or is worth it in the meantime if you ever wanted that. I personally have a 2x8GB kit of Corsair LPX Vengeance ram rated for 3200mhz.

For the motherboard, refer to this VRM tier list on the LTT forums https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619-motherboard-vrm-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/ , reveal the contents of the AM4 list, and look at the ones that pertain to your Ryzen 9 processor of choice, anything from tier B or above should be good. Good VRMs are important for overclocking, but they are also important for powering your Ryzen 9 with boost clock speeds on by default PLUS powering your ram at 3200mhz or higher. I had a VRM problem when I chose to get a Gigabyte DS3H motherboard the first time which was pretty much down in the barrel in the list, it kept crashing due to power requirements for having the boost clock speeds and having the ram running at 3200mhz. I'm sure plenty, if not all those motherboards that would work great for your needs will have some RGB light accents on the board, so keep notes on every sort of part that will satisfy your computer power and RGB light requirements.

As for the case, it would be a good idea to get all the parts into a list on pcpartpicker so that any sort of case that may have built-in rgb lights is also able to fit everything inside. Either that or you can get rgb strips designed to be installed inside a computer case, onto the motherboard; gaming motherboards usually have an RGB header so you can install a strip of RGB lights or an RGB controller to install multiple strips of lights so that you may control them on your computer.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
24" 4K 144hz doesn't exist.
24" 1440P 144hz, also doesn't really exist. There used to be a few of them, but discontinued now and not replaced by newer models.

Need to go 27" if you want anything other than 1080p high refresh.

I do not recommend installing Windows 11 into any PC for gaming at this time, it has so many problems and performance issues and missing features from Win10. Win10 will have the most compatibility with modern games or whatever you choose to play on there. If you're going with ryzen, make sure to get fast ram, Ryzen processors like fast ram, so any sort of DDR4 3200mhz speed or above should be fine. DDR5 is in the early stages of being in the market and won't drop in price or is worth it in the meantime if you ever wanted that. I personally have a 2x8GB kit of Corsair LPX Vengeance ram rated for 3200mhz.

For the motherboard, refer to this VRM tier list on the LTT forums https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619-motherboard-vrm-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/ , reveal the contents of the AM4 list, and look at the ones that pertain to your Ryzen 9 processor of choice, anything from tier B or above should be good. Good VRMs are important for overclocking, but they are also important for powering your Ryzen 9 with boost clock speeds on by default PLUS powering your ram at 3200mhz or higher. I had a VRM problem when I chose to get a Gigabyte DS3H motherboard the first time which was pretty much down in the barrel in the list, it kept crashing due to power requirements for having the boost clock speeds and having the ram running at 3200mhz. I'm sure plenty, if not all those motherboards that would work great for your needs will have some RGB light accents on the board, so keep notes on every sort of part that will satisfy your computer power and RGB light requirements.

As for the case, it would be a good idea to get all the parts into a list on pcpartpicker so that any sort of case that may have built-in rgb lights is also able to fit everything inside. Either that or you can get rgb strips designed to be installed inside a computer case, onto the motherboard; gaming motherboards usually have an RGB header so you can install a strip of RGB lights or an RGB controller to install multiple strips of lights so that you may control them on your computer.
yo thanks for the reply guys. hopefully i can begin working on a build soon.
do you know where i can find a small 2nd monitor like this or whats it called??
https://designrshub-designrshub.net...loads/2020/07/dual-monitor-setup-ideas-23.jpg

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
yo thanks for the reply guys. hopefully i can begin working on a build soon.
do you know where i can find a small 2nd monitor like this or whats it called??
https://designrshub-designrshub.net...loads/2020/07/dual-monitor-setup-ideas-23.jpg
If you're going to get a vertical monitor, make sure it has an IPS or a VA panel (VA is like in the middle of IPS and TN) as having a TN one in a vertical position would be a bit gross to look at. Any monitor can easily be a vertical monitor if you can place them carefully and change some settings to display them vertically, but there are also ones with a swivel that you can just rotate. As for the picture you provided, it looks like both monitors were mounted to the wall. If you'd like to mount them, make sure any sort of monitor(s) you choose are mountable with the VESA standard, and get a VESA mounting kit for wherever you want to put them.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to get a vertical monitor, make sure it has an IPS or a VA panel (VA is like in the middle of IPS and TN) as having a TN one in a vertical position would be a bit gross to look at. Any monitor can easily be a vertical monitor if you can place them carefully and change some settings to display them vertically, but there are also ones with a swivel that you can just rotate. As for the picture you provided, it looks like both monitors were mounted to the wall. If you'd like to mount them, make sure any sort of monitor(s) you choose are mountable with the VESA standard, and get a VESA mounting kit for wherever you want to put them.
something like this seemed to be a great fit for my second monitor. what do you think?
https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-E248...89-4930-b35b-846dc8c7d51e&pd_rd_wg=y6O22&th=1

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
something like this seemed to be a great fit for my second monitor. what do you think?
https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-E248...89-4930-b35b-846dc8c7d51e&pd_rd_wg=y6O22&th=1
Seems good to me.

Just be aware that if you're thinking about recording gameplay with OBS with two monitors in different refresh rates, make sure to keep OBS in your primary one, else the recording will trip and skip, at least that's what I remember from having a 2nd monitor plugged in on my computer. It's shown up on OBS's forums when I was looking around for a solution so it can't just be me.

Or try to make a test recording doing that and see if it runs just fine anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello