Gaming Help please! 3ds error

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looked inside cartridge.. 256mb micro sd card.... you guys are " s-m-a-r-t "
This whole time has been pretty weird though I've never heard of someone getting a flashcart in a DS game casing.

^^^^^
Thats too bad it doesnt have a slot. But still you should try to open it and give us a picture of that.

The alex rider title is there because of a patch on the supercard (I never owned a supercard, but I know acekards used to used the alex rider title also) so it can run on the DSi. I'd buy it, but I'd pay no more than 10$ for it.

I was thinking it may have old firmware.
The title isn't in the firmware, or even on the sd card for the matter. It's patched to the card itself.

then please explain how the AK2i changed cover games when it first updated to bypass the 3DS?
That wasn't a firmware update, that was a patch. The firmware are the files you extracted onto the card to make it run, the patch was a .nds file you ran to patch the actual card.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody notice that "Nintendo" is written between the teeth on the PCB of the card?

Now, I just looked at my DSTWO, and unless they made some special version that said "Nintendo" on it, that's NOT a DSTWO. Likewise, I can't imagine any flashcart would have "Nintendo" on the PCB. Granted, I have only ever owned this (which has no markings), an iTouchDS RTS (which also has no markings) and an R4 Revolution for DS (and you guessed it, no markings). Official cartridges, however, do have certain things written on them. Pokemon Platinum says " DI Y-7 005-20" on the back between the teeth, while Advance Wars Dual Strike says " Nintendo 003-01" between the teeth.

As I have never owned an Acekard, I can't speak for it. But I find it unlikely that would have Nintendo printed on it. But then, if it WAS Alex Rider, it wouldn't (probably) be giving CRE's (unless the contacts are fucked up or there is a scratched trace somewhere).

Conclusion - I don't even know.

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody notice that "Nintendo" is written between the teeth on the PCB of the card?

Now, I just looked at my DSTWO, and unless they made some special version that said "Nintendo" on it, that's NOT a DSTWO. Likewise, I can't imagine any flashcart would have "Nintendo" on the PCB. Granted, I have only ever owned this (which has no markings), an iTouchDS RTS (which also has no markings) and an R4 Revolution for DS (and you guessed it, no markings). Official cartridges, however, do have certain things written on them. Pokemon Platinum says " DI Y-7 005-20" on the back between the teeth, while Advance Wars Dual Strike says " Nintendo 003-01" between the teeth.

As I have never owned an Acekard, I can't speak for it. But I find it unlikely that would have Nintendo printed on it. But then, if it WAS Alex Rider, it wouldn't (probably) be giving CRE's (unless the contacts are fucked up or there is a scratched trace somewhere).

Conclusion - I don't even know.

Wasn't Alex Rider one of the Acekard icons aswell? It's hard for me to imagine that he'd get a DSTwo rather than a cheapo card.

I'd also expect the seller to change the shell of the cartridge, so I don't think there's an SD slot on the back. It's under the shell though, surely.
^If this person assumption is right, then it would be for this reason

loco365

Trophies
XP
I think, what happened, is someone took the case of Rune Factory and put a flashcard chip inside it. You could graft the chip to a flashcard case and utilise the chip inside it. Or, it does have Rune Factory on it, and you just have to run it in a DSi or Lite.

I'd like to have a DSTWO to see what it has on the chip, but I only have an AK2i and an R4 in the mail. Also, if it says Stormbreaker, it's not up to date. If you can update it to the Dorasu Hello Kitty game icon, you can run it on your 3DS.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's actually quite easy to determine what this card is. I'm assuming that the seller, when he jammed the card in, wanted it to autoboot into the ROM so that the buyer is convinced it's an original cart. That said, the firmware is *already on the SD*. Just remove it, check its contents on a PC and tell us whether it's the DSTwo firmware or Acekard/AKAIO firmware. I'm betting Acekard, DSTwo would be an unreasonable choice from the scammer's viewpoint. Definatelly a cheapo-card.

Reactions: 1 person

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually quite easy to determine what this card is. I'm assuming that the seller, when he jammed the card in, wanted it to autoboot into the ROM so that the buyer is convinced it's an original cart. That said, the firmware is *already on the SD*. Just remove it, check its contents on a PC and tell us whether it's the DSTwo firmware or Acekard/AKAIO firmware. I'm betting Acekard, DSTwo would be an unreasonable choice from the scammer's viewpoint. Definatelly a cheapo-card.
Cheap, not cheapo.
But anyways, no matter what it is you have, you got something better than rune factory, as long as you don't have anything against piracy. Because that is not a legal rom on the SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-