ROM Hack [Help ?] - New plugin system, looking for a name

What's your preferred name for the plugin file (extension) ?

• .3dsgx - 3DS Game eXtension

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • .ctrgx - CTR Game eXtension

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • .3dsgp - 3DS Game Plugin

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • .ctrgp - CTR Game Plugin

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • .3gx - 3ds Game eXtension - shortened version

Votes: 41 25.6%

• Total voters

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might think I'm insane but how about

.plugin
56063561.jpg

Maybe shortening .3dsgx to .3gx ? :unsure:

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suggestions : i notice that in Actionreplay.plg is that it didn't work with games like Mario tennis Open, not sure why but the plg wont load., not sure why thought the screen flashes green but no where it says Plugin Enable..you press select and nothing. for the new plugin i wish we could change launch combo from select to Y+X at least that. another thing is the constantly rebooting the 3ds everytime we close a game that we use codes the 3ds needs a reboot to load another. for the ext you want to use you can use anything you like what we all really want is to see the new plug-in working we truthfully don't care much about what ext you use. i know you want us to participate but it was hard enough to come up with a name to give to my new doggy.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stop with NTR guys, it's has nothing to do with NTR cfw and NTR is the codename of the first Nintendo DS. ^_^

suggestions : i notice that in Actionreplay.plg is that it didn't work with games like Mario tennis Open, not sure why but the plg wont load., not sure why thought the screen flashes green but no where it says Plugin Enable..you press select and nothing. for the new plugin i wish we could change launch combo from select to Y+X at least that. another thing is the constantly rebooting the 3ds everytime we close a game that we use codes the 3ds needs a reboot to load another. for the ext you want to use you can use anything you like what we all really want is to see the new plug-in working we truthfully don't care much about what ext you use. i know you want us to participate but it was hard enough to come up with a name to give to my new doggy.

1- It's a ctrpf issue so it's off-topic. Plus, I published a build which fixed those games in the ctrpf thread.
2- The combo used to open the menu is defined inside the plugin, so nothing to do with the plugin loader itself. Ask your plugin's author the possibility to change the combo when it'll be out.
3- The reboot issue is fixed, as stated in the op.

Thanks for your intervention. :)

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop with NTR guys, it's has nothing to do with NTR cfw and NTR is the codename of the first Nintendo DS. ^_^

1- It's a ctrpf issue so it's off-topic. Plus, I published a build which fixed those games in the ctrpf thread.
2- The combo used to open the menu is defined inside the plugin, so nothing to do with the plugin loader itself. Ask your plugin's author the possibility to change the combo when it'll be out.
3- The reboot issue is fixed, as stated in the op.

Thanks for your intervention. :)

Aaah so sorry did not read well my first language is spanish.
I published a build which fixed those games in the ctrpf (O_O) is it the boot.firm you post in the last page?
if it is iam using it right now and No the plugin wont boot on Mario Tennis Open,00400000007C700 (Version 0) (ID CTR-P-AGAE) USA
if there another update please guide me to it. thank in advance.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aaah so sorry did not read well my first language is spanish.
I published a build which fixed those games in the ctrpf (O_O) is it the boot.firm you post in the last page?
if it is iam using it right now and No the plugin wont boot on Mario Tennis Open,00400000007C700 (Version 0) (ID CTR-P-AGAE) USA
if there another update please guide me to it. thank in advance.
No, you mix things.
There's 2 separate components:
  • The plugin loader: which load plugin files and inject them in games
  • The plugin file: which contains all the stuff that the plugin will do
The ActionReplay build is not the boot.firm which contains the loader, search in the thread for another plugin file.
Search the keywords thread priority, you should be able to find it.

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you mix things.
There's 2 separate components:
  • The plugin loader: which load plugin files and inject them in games
  • The plugin file: which contains all the stuff that the plugin will do
The ActionReplay build is not the boot.firm which contains the loader, search in the thread for another plugin file.
Search the keywords thread priority, you should be able to find it.

OMG, i didn't knew you updated both..i will try...omg Mario Tennis Open load the plugin,so awesome , thank you. waiting for the new plugin release.

Reactions: Nanquitas

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great to see you back and thanks for continuing working on this. This is what makes 3DS homebrew very interesting to me.

So, I'm currently working on a new plugin system builtin luma3DS.
Will you make a fork this time, or (not sure how to call it) a 'pull request' on the official Luma3DS repository? They added Cheat support in their latest build, but you alredy had the same with your custom 9.0 build.

By the way, I chose *.ctrgp - CTR Game Plugin. 'eXtension' sounds a bit cheesy to me, and I prefer NTR to 3DS.

Last edited by jelbo,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great to see you back and thanks for continuing working on this. This is what makes 3DS homebrew very interesting to me.

Will you make a fork this time, or (not sure how to call it) a 'pull request' on the official Luma3DS repository? They added Cheat support in their latest build, but you alredy had the same with your custom 8.0 build.

By the way, I chose *.ctrgp - CTR Game Plugin. 'eXtension' sounds a bit cheesy to me, and I prefer NTR to 3DS.
The version name in my fork is not the real version.
The version which appear in Rosalina is based on the last tag of the git repo, I don't necessarily update the tag (version) but the code is.

As for how it'll be, I will release it on my github in any case, and I'm discussing to merge it to the official luma build too.
This being 100% my code (not ported from ntr), it should be possible to merge it, but the final decision is not mine to make.

For the name, I see what you mean.
In my vision, extension is good but technically speaking.

It's a custom executable code, which is properly injected inside the target process to extend its possibilities.

Reactions: jelbo

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The version name in my fork is not the real version. The version which appear in Rosalina is based on the last tag of the git repo, I don't necessarily update the tag (version) but the code is.
Hmm, ok. I was referring to your attached build named '[040418] - Luma3DS Mod - 1182D3A.zip'. On your fork on GitHub I don't see binary releases, but is that the source code of the GBAtemp release? In any case, I'm using the GBAtemp release as my main Luma3DS version, because of the plugin framework.

Back on topic, there are a few funny file extension ideas being posted on Reddit.

Last edited by jelbo,

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta,Beta,beta,beta~~ !:yay3ds: i want to be a tester i have O3ds-XL and N3ds.
:lol::lol: i can't wait am so anxious to get something. i think i have refresh this
page like 1,000 times by now.:yay::lol:

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is an unrelated and dumb question, but will people have to rewrite their NTR plugins to work with this new plugin system?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if this is an unrelated and dumb question, but will people have to rewrite their NTR plugins to work with this new plugin system?
Yeah, of course.
NTR Plugins needs NTR to run.

Should be small edits for most of them though.
And again, NTR will still works so those plugins will still be able to be launched using NTR, they just won't benefit from the advantages of this new system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol