Hacking [Help needed] Wii U refuses to update?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well... I've checked all the folders and I can't seem to find any wad files that I might've backed up as I haven't found any YABDM folders..
I guess I'm screwed lmao xD
You can get the IOS WADs from someone else. But first, you'll have to find out which IOSes are the problem, that's what syscheck is for.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I've checked all the folders and I can't seem to find any wad files that I might've backed up as I haven't found any YABDM folders..
I guess I'm screwed lmao xD
I don't know how to help you if you won't follow our recommendations.

You must first get homebrew channel back.
Then run syscheck.
Then post results here and if if you have a screwed up vIOS there are ways to help you get it going.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I took a copy of all the vIOS just today before updating my firmware to 5.5.1 :)

After the update, my HBC and forwarders and cIOS were all still in place and working nicely!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a copy of all the vIOS just today before updating my firmware to 5.5.1 :)

After the update, my HBC and forwarders and cIOS were all still in place and working nicely!
Yeah, no reason anything should change on vWii when updating the Wii U firmware.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Congratulations (I guess) but not really relevant.

Btw, you do not say what version you were originally on when you did your backup but most likely you need a newer updated backup(since you moved to 5.5.1). Otherwise you would be installing older vIOS on to newer software.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations (I guess) but not really relevant.

Btw, you do not say what version you were originally on when you did your backup but most likely you need a newer updated backup(since you moved to 5.5.1). Otherwise you would be installing older vIOS on to newer software.
There won't be any newer software on the vWii side. The vWii is the exact same IOS's from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1. It only updates the WIi U not the vWii.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sighs*

@Kaydoe, just set your connection DNS to Auto-Obtain so that the system can update and after it is successful and/or completes, set it to the TubeHax DNS.
OP has a messed up vWii IOS somewhere. The only way we can know which one is if he/she runs a syscheck. Changing DNS settings will do nothing to help update.

D

Deleted User

Did you bother looking up the error code you got at nintendo support?:ninja:
That rarely helps. Nintendo will not usually outright say what the problem is. Its like "Your device is corrupted please call Nintendo support". Not "Your CIOS files are corrupted, please restore from NAND backup"

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That rarely helps. Nintendo will not usually outright say what the problem is. Its like "Your device is corrupted please call Nintendo support". Not "Your CIOS files are corrupted, please restore from NAND backup"
His cIOS files aren't corrupted. There is a reason my post about backing up vIOS's was integrated into every guide. Most likely he's got a regular IOS, a patched vIOS, or a vIOS with a Beer Ticket. That's why he needs to run SysCheck HDE.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,
D

Deleted User

His cIOS files aren't corrupted. There is a reason my post about backing up vIOS's was integrated into every guide. Most likely he's got a regular IOS, a patched vIOS, or a vIOS with a Beer Ticket. That's why he needs to run SysCheck HDE.
I wasn't saying his cIOS files were corrupted. I was just using that as an example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo