Gaming Help needed ripping gtaV with Xbox backup creator

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried to rip GTAV a few times and I feel like a total noob (not that being a total noob is bad:))

Ive got an old XP laptop (with no internet). Dude, It’s a dell 600m!

Anyhow, I’ve got drivers installed correctly for my x360usbpro v2 and I’m using my (unflashed) hitachi47 dvd drive. I’ve already had success ripping Bioshock (the first one) and that game works fine. I’m loading my games with xk3y on my xenonbox.

I know that gtaV is an xgd3 game and that Bioshock isn’t. I can’t find info to rip xgd3 games, but I’ve found many tutorials on how to burn them. I need the help of a veteran.

Also, with this setup, can I backup my original xbox discs too?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the lt version? think you need 3.0 for xgd3, but I don't own a xenon anymore and I have no experience ripping games with the drive aside from using a jtag.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

never mind. I misread that it's unflashed.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DinohScene or @brickmii82 would know better than I. I've never dumped a game using an unflashed drive.

I believe the layer break is different if that even matters. I think it might only matter for burning, but xgd3 is 2,xxx,xxx while xgd2 is 1,9xx,xxx from what I remember. I know Dinoh mentioned a payload needed for xgd3. I think it's part of imgburn.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox backup creator recognizes discs fine. I’ve made an iso from my gtaV disc and Bioshock is working, so I now I can make a good backup.

Do you mean for me to flash my drive with LT2.0?

Also, I just remembered, when I ran my gtaV iso through abgx360 it said the topology data was missing. Pretty sure it said that, the topology data area was red. Will flashing my drive make it read better? I think that’s what you mean.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flash 0800 to the drive yeh.

I'm pretty sure you can rebuild the ISO with the correct topology data.
You could give it a try and run it through ABGX again.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, I flashed LT+2.0. Looks like there is no 800 firmware for hitachi47. Did I miss something? I’m ripping the game now. I’ll have to try to load it in xk3y when I get home from work.

Just had another thought...in Xbox backup creator, does it matter which drive I select in the “options” tab? I’ve been selecting my GDR-3120L. Should I be selecting something different? Like maybe a benQ drive?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m finding out that my hitachi47 drive is incapable of reading the topology data for xgd3 games. This must be why I can’t make proper rips of my xgd3 games. This also seems to be why my drive can’t utilize the LT+3.0 firmware. So spoofing the drive to anything else propbably won’t work and I’ll need a newer drive. I’m also trying a windows7 laptop that has all drivers properly installed and IS online. Abgx360 can’t retrieve data due to 404 error.

This xbox360 scene is pretty tricky due to the lack of updated tools and info, but that is expected with the age of the machine, I guess. Not to mention all the different revisions of the console. Lol

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the issue
My drive doesn’t support ap2.5 :(

5F86CB8B-5D58-444B-BDD9-38A2571C9C7A.jpeg

I’ve got it flashed with the LT+2.0 firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lt 2.5 I think is for that, but lt 3.0 is the latest afaik. I haven't messed with flashed drives for like seven years or more.

the drive sends challenge responses (different ones I believe), so there were several updates for ap 2.5.

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering why there wasn’t an LT+3.0 firmware for my hitachi47. It doesn’t support AP2.5. Which is strange because, with the same drive, I can play GTAV. I’ll try to dig up another source. I’m thinking about buying another cheap phatty. That has a Liteon or benQ drive. Saw one for $15. It was a falcon, but the Dvd drive was stuck.
Perhaps I need the dae.bin?

Reactions: godreborn
Solution!

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I was ripping the games just fine. No problem there. My hitachi 47 drive can not properly the support xgd3 games when emulated by the xk3y.

What I did to fix this was,

1- in JungleFlasher, loaded MY original Hitachi47 dvd dumped firmware as the “source”

2- load the hitachi 79 original firmware (4d20) as the “target”. This is the original firmware found in the JungleFlasher package

3- then “spoof source to target” and “save to file”, naming it “firmware.bin”

4- put that firmware.bin on the sdcard

5- done!

now what happens is the xk3y emulates a hitachi79 drive now. That version can be properly emulated and now my xgd3 games work.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I was ripping the games just fine. No problem there. My hitachi 47 drive can not properly the support xgd3 games when emulated by the xk3y.

What I did to fix this was,

1- in JungleFlasher, loaded MY original Hitachi47 dvd dumped firmware as the “source”

2- load the hitachi 79 original firmware (4d20) as the “target”. This is the original firmware found in the JungleFlasher package

3- then “spoof source to target” and “save to file”, naming it “firmware.bin”

4- put that firmware.bin on the sdcard

5- done!

now what happens is the xk3y emulates a hitachi79 drive now. That version can be properly emulated and now my xgd3 games work.

your drive must've been older than mine. I had an actual hitachi79 (fk) from what I remember. you said yours is a xenon, right? that's what mine was. didn't think spoofing would work, but glad it worked for you.

actually, it was a hitachi 78fk. I just remembered. minor mistake. I have some images of me installing the blaster. games worked looped through two boards out the hdd cradle, but I never got to try flashing it. I should've just tested it. eventually, the console failed, so it's long gone now.

very blurry. I left the top cover off for a while.
DSC05648.JPG

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Mine is a xenon too. I also have the top cover off. I’m waiting for a dongle to arrive so I can wire an led strip. I was thinking about rghing it, but I now know that I’d be wasting my time given this motherboard is very unreliable. I like the xk3y setup as I can transfer the whole thing to another console pretty easily. I got this console for $5 so I don’t mind tinkering with it a bit. I think the spoofing worked because I didn’t spoof to another manufacturers dvd drive. I’m so stoked it worked. There was another person that had the same issue, but I can’t find their thread to tell the m what worked for me. They would be very happy too. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sandungas, an editor for psdevwiki and dev on psx place, told me that the heating issues with the phat 360 are due to a small gap in the heating system. I think the gap might be around the fan tunnel, but I can't remember. there's a fix for it, so google something like that. it's not so much the solder points, but it gets hot very quickly and doesn't ease up especially with xenons. I don't care enough to do it to my falcons and my jasper. if they die, I'll just get a slim, but since the top cover is off of yours, you might look around for it. I think the gap is near the beginning of the fan tunnel where the heat sinks sit (between them).

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I’ll have a look there. I see some people creating a wall in the fan shroud to better direct the heat between the 2 heatsinks. I’ll check for that gap.

It was pretty funny where I found the solution.
The user asked for help. A banned user have a suggestion and the OP said they would try it. Then a “gold subscriber” came in with some copy/paste info. The OP came back stating that the banned users method worked. Then the “gold subscriber” took the credit. Lol

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT