ROM Hack Help making a level editor

poisoned_soap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make a level editor for Treasure Tracker 3ds, Sticker Star, and A Link Between Worlds, but I don't know what I'd need to view things like models/characters, but I don't know what to use in order to do so. I have Kuriimu for textures and text editing, but nothing for 3d and character models. Does anyone know what I would need in order to do so?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you concerning yourself with models? Make some kind of tile/bitmap (or even ASCII) based editor and then come back seeing about integrating models/assets.

poisoned_soap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you concerning yourself with models? Make some kind of tile/bitmap (or even ASCII) based editor and then come back seeing about integrating models/assets.
How would you recommend I make one? I am incredibly inexperienced with everything and thought this would have been a lot simpler to do.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modify an existing one if you are new to it all and learning.

Some levels are dependent upon their models, however many others are not or you might want to start out with enemy/pickup placement editors.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am incredibly inexperienced with everything and thought this would have been a lot simpler to do.
If something like this was a simple job that any incredibly inexperienced person could do, then considering how overwhelmingly popular these games are, don't you think someone would have done it by now?

Is there some similar project that led you to believe that this would be simple?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime