Hacking HELP AGIAN I NEED 4.8.2. FIRMWARE

nowell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKK so I found a ps3 in my house with 4,8.2 butt the hard drive is fucked and I need to install 4.8.2 but its noware to download and sony only has 4.8.3 up helppp I downloaded a 4.8.2 updatepup from Softpedia but it does not work. help pls just trying to hack

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nowell Have you put it in the correct directory on your USB stick?
If you want to hack you also need to use a proxy btw which might not work anymore.
They are also working on a kernel exploit though that will make the whole patching of act.dat stuff unnecessary.

nowell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to hack you also need to use a proxy btw which might not work anymore.
yes bro I did PS3.UPDATE.UPDAT.PUP when I put It in my ps3 it says checking please wait then it just does not work bro I just need the 4.8.2 FIRMWARE them I'm good to go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They are also working on a kernel exploit though that will make the whole patching of act.dat stuff unnecessary.
WAIT they are working on a new exploit?????????????????? if so thank GOD I can't go much longer without a hacked ps3

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nowell Bguerville said that one probably won't need the act.dat stuff with their newest exploit, but because 4.83 fixed the browser exploit they used so far, they will probably try to circumvent that first and then continue work on the kernel exploit so you'll have to wait quite a bit.
The 4.82 exploit will be the best option for quite some time I guess.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes bro I did PS3.UPDATE.UPDAT.PUP when I put It in my ps3 it says checking please wait then it just does not work bro I just need the 4.8.2 FIRMWARE them I'm good to go

You are doing it wrong. You should rename it to: PS3UPDAT.PUP and make sure that your flash drive is fat32.

xxOMEGAxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one i linked is OFW. Try a different hard drive. If not you might be shit out of luck.

Take the drive out and format it in a PC. Plug it back into the PS3 and boot, does it say you need to install 4.82 or higher or anything?

nowell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a hash check on the files after you've transfered them to the drive
i.fixed it the blueway drive was loose

google shows up loads of links, including this one which has links to the 4.82 pup on sony's servers.

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/4.82_CEX

make sure you check the SHA1 matches the one on that page.
thanks bro ur link worked my blue raydrive was loose

OKK so I found a ps3 in my house with 4,8.2 butt the hard drive is fucked and I need to install 4.8.2 but its noware to download and sony only has 4.8.3 up helppp I downloaded a 4.8.2 updatepup from Softpedia but it does not work. help pls just trying to hack
FIXXED THANK U GUYS

Reactions: Mythical

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.