Gaming Hello World and Control Pad Test for Dev Kit

05sonicblue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the Dev Kit is available, I have started doing some initial development via UWP for the XBOX One. My career is as a .NET developer so naturally developing for the XB1 is much easier for me than what I was trying to do on the WiiU so I have decided to shift my focus to help drive some possible Homebrew (hopefully) for the XB1.

I have posted 2 of the apps that I created on my GitHub. I will be using this one repository to add all of my applications as I progress on them. These are the two apps that I have released so far.

• HelloWorld - Outputs Hello, World! to the screen
  • ControlPadTest - Shows key pressed on the screen for any button on the controller and for any key when using a PC. Code also exists for the Speech Synthesizer, but XB1 Dev Kit currently doesn't support this functionality yet.

https://github.com/05sonicblue/XBOne

Deployment from VS is very easy and I decided to consolidate these into one VS Solution and use that moving forward to easy deployments after switching the console out of Dev Mode, since it deletes all of the apps from the console.

I am currently thinking about ideas for an initial entry game, such as Pong, Breakout, Snake, or possibly a 1 level 2D scroller. I'm open to ideas if anyone has any or requests (Please keep in mind there are resource restrictions in the Dev Kit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts