Hacking Hekate 5.2.0 and Android

Rioluu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I just recently partitioned my microSD card using the new hekate 5.2.0 release.

Also I set up a partition to use with android and when i click "Flash Android" in hekate it shows that it needs a Kernel, TWRP and DTB image.
Where do I get them? The normal download for android for switch just gives images to flash to a microSD.

It would be nice, if someone knows :)

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just recently partitioned my microSD card using the new hekate 5.2.0 release.

Also I set up a partition to use with android and when i click "Flash Android" in hekate it shows that it needs a Kernel, TWRP and DTB image.
Where do I get them? The normal download for android for switch just gives images to flash to a microSD.

did you try opening the image file with 7zip?

deejay87

Trophies
Website
deejay87.fr
XP
Country
France
It's for updates coming soon for L4T and Android i think, i read this
it's for the L4T images that are coming soon and for if you know how to compile Pie

Hekate installation doesn't write the whole sd with a disk image.
It writes a partition image. That's the difference and why current images will not work with that.

People are already hard working to bring support for that. Just be a bit patient.
I had to release today, otherwise I would miss the anniversary again. And I didn't want to disable these 2 features and make a new release in a couple of days.

Existing methods can still work with the disk images. Hekate method will be with partition images.

Reactions: Tyvar1 and Rioluu

Empty02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

maybe this Images are meant?
https://download.switchroot.org/android/

Alycrafticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey hey, has anyone actually figured this one out yet? Currently about to try flashing that partition with lineageOS to see if that works, but the proper method would be awesome

Tyvar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool.
So hekate 5.2 will allow for booting stock, sx os, atmos, l4t Ubuntu/Lakka retro arch for dolphin stuff all from one sd card when the partition images become available?

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: LegzRwheelz

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It only supports android 9 (pie) and you have to build it yourself

CfFilmmaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally found a solution. This champion posted a great video on Youtube- basically use all the files he supplies and flash Android from Hekate. Worked like a charm, now I'm triple booting Ubuntu, Atmosphere and Android easily.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally found a solution. This champion posted a great video on Youtube- basically use all the files he supplies and flash Android from Hekate. Worked like a charm, now I'm triple booting Ubuntu, Atmosphere and Android easily.

good build, but your stuck using 1785 OC maximum, even with Magisk.
Some builds allow 2k cpu OC with performance mode enabled & the use of external apps like performance tweaker.
On the other hand Open GL is now much improved(not just vulkan) as is supports the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol