[Headphone jack] What's with all the apple hate?

samedifference

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, anybody who uses the word "normies" and desperately requires Android levels of control on their phones is somewhere on the spectrum.
Some people just don't like when their service provider starts installing bloatware and advertisements without permission; or when they disable hardware features at a software level.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
...What is wrong with control over your own device? Are you saying you want less control over your own phone?
That's exactly why he has an iPhone to begin with.

"iHate choices. Choose my fate for me, Apple Gods."

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...What is wrong with control over your own device? Are you saying you want less control over your own phone?

I'm saying I don't take time out of my day to quibble over cosmetic differences. Having changeable themes and movable widgets takes a toll on the processing resources available.

It's like my vape. I could spend a lot of time and money getting fancy batteries with adjustable voltage and whatnot, but it's just not a good use of my time.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Some people just don't like when their service provider starts installing bloatware and advertisements without permission; or when they disable hardware features at a software level.
Just like when a software update "unlocked" using bluetooth for headphone use on a certain iPhone. Pathetic.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god. Don't even get me started on the rescinded advertised features on Android. Let's focus on the misguided hate directed at the most valuable computer company on the planet.
Just like when a software update "unlocked" using bluetooth for headphone use on a certain iPhone. Pathetic.
Added features with a software update. Oh, the horror.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Uncool man, autistic people are actually very intelligent FYI.
Sure they are. They're also quite particular.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Software wise Apple is incomparable and their optimization is off the charts really! I have used an iPhone and ipad and I can happily say they work out of the box. But the thing is when you consider that Android and Windows have to run on multitude of hardware devices not inhouse and catered to I personally think it is more of an accomplishment than apple (especially with android 7.1 it runs just like I phone) especially when Microsoft officially supports boot camp Macs whilst Hackintosh is illegal in most cases.

I personally don't like MSOFT because of their shitty practises with Windows 10 (Please stop installing candy crush on my PC I hate this game!) But the thing is I cannot live in apple ecosystem! I wanted to send my friend who owns an iPhone some PDF files (100 files) and I had no way to do so, it was near impossible to convince the iPhone to download zip files although I did manage to succeed doing it was not worth the hassle. In android or windows I would just use something like wifi direct and boom instant file transfer!

About the headphone jack I personally think apple is dropping an axe on their foot as clearly USB-c/TB3 is much superior to their own lighting port and clearly would still provide a much better wired experience than iOS unless apple decided to abandon lighting which again is a terrible decision.

Also @amoulton Apple has high qualtiy standards unlike 90% of the brands but I have tried MacBook and Surfacebook and I can definitely say Surface book despite being a convertible had the same build quality as the MacBook.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why are you people bothering to attempt to converse with this apple shrill?
It's fun getting a rise out of him, and watching him drown while trying to defend his horrible choice of phone. :)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Please keep it clean, guys. Discussion is fine, pointless angry arguments and name calling isn't. Don't try to provoke people, either.

We all have preferences in what device we like. That's not reason to harp on someone for their choices. Do you like Apple? Awesome. Do you like Android, Windows, Linux, mayonnaise with your tuna sandwich? Fantastic. Debate the points of why you do, without causing a brawl. It's not that hard.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fun getting a rise out of him, and watching him drown while trying to defend his horrible choice of phone. :)
Man, I could not possibly love my iPhone 6S any more than I already do. It isn't constantly losing apps to OS fragmentation, I'm not getting mysterious ads in my notification bar from shitty apps, I know my data is secure, and I don't have to worry about exploding batteries. Frankly, I don't understand why such granular customization is of so much value to people.

Apple gets hate because it's the most popular, most successful capitalist enterprise on the face of the earth- and in a true Utopia, not every kind of person can be invited.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
I don't know man. I mean the port has more functionality and versatility, but I just can't get over the hollow connector. I have serious doubts about it's long term durability.
Yeah it is hollow I agree, but personally owning both connecters I can say I can safely lift my iPhone than my type c on the connector and both are certainly miles ahead of micro USB and 3.5mm headphone port. But again I have never replaced genuine Micro us cables than I have replaced genuine lightning ones (Due to thin apple wire I guess).

But you missed the point it's about sound quality not durability.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Please keep it clean, guys. Discussion is fine, pointless angry arguments and name calling isn't. Don't try to provoke people, either.

We all have preferences in what device we like. That's not reason to harp on someone for their choices. Do you like Apple? Awesome. Do you like Android, Windows, Linux, mayonnaise with your tuna sandwich? Fantastic. Debate the points of why you do, without causing a brawl. It's not that hard.
The vague title certainly didn't help. Let's be honest, most people aren't going to bother reading the first post. I doubt most of them know this is supposed to be a topic exclusively about the headphone jack.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
On the actual topic, Apple charging cords are quite possibly the worst thing on this earth, next to stepping on a lego. I've gone through dozens of Lightning cables, and even more 60W MacBook chargers, and even if I let it sit out on a desk, it manages to rip itself apart after a few months. Utter garbage.

I do love my iPhone though. It's good, because it fits my needs. All I need is a nice device that can get LTE, read RSS, email, and load webpages fast. Apple's devices boast some pretty slick optimization. You won't be able to emulate Dolphin, but you'll have a very snappy phone that can do simple tasks faster than the rest of the bunch.

Their computers are more of a hard sell, what with them being nonupgradable. I rock a 27" iMac, because I love how it looks, and how it's so thin on my desk, with that 1440p screen.

But I also have a gaming PC, to go with it. I honestly detest Windows comparatively to Apple, but I can live with either. They compliment each other nicely.

The vague title certainly didn't help. Let's be honest, most people aren't going to bother reading the first post. I doubt most of them know this is supposed to be a topic exclusively about the headphone jack.
Oh for goodness sakes, I type this all out and you go and tell me that now! :P

Re headphone jack: Apple can go shove it for removing it. There's a line between form and function, and that crosses it. Fancy earbuds that are inflated and expensive is not a consumer boon. Bluetooth drains the battery like a monster. It was an incredibly stupid decision.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it's about the headphone jack Apple removed, but more broadly, the reasons Apple makes the choices it does. My main point is that they have a set of corporate values to maintain a quality user experience, and it overwhelmingly works. They're not out to squeeze every dollar they can out of gullible consumers, they're here to revolutionize computing to the best of their ability (and arguably win at capitalism) Bad businesses come and go every day and if people didn't feel like they were getting a commensurate amount of value for the money they invest in Apple products, they wouldn't keep buying them. Everybody has tried out a PC- Everybody has tried out an Android, but Apple still breaks records on their market cap and it's not because of remaining *trendy* for over 20 years.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I could not possibly love my iPhone 6S any more than I already do. It isn't constantly losing apps to OS fragmentation, I'm not getting mysterious ads in my notification bar from shitty apps, I know my data is secure, and I don't have to worry about exploding batteries. Frankly, I don't understand why such granular customization is of so much value to people.

Apple gets hate because it's the most popular, most successful capitalist enterprise on the face of the earth- and in a true Utopia, not every kind of person can be invited.
Man, that reads just like an ad from those Apple tools themselves. How much Apple payin' you to suck their dick like that? :rolleyes: Quite possibly the cringiest thing I'll read all day, thanks.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it's about the headphone jack Apple removed, but more broadly, the reasons Apple makes the choices it does. My main point is that they have a set of corporate values to maintain a quality user experience, and it overwhelmingly works. They're not out to squeeze every dollar they can out of gullible consumers, they're here to revolutionize computing to the best of their ability (and arguably win at capitalism) Bad businesses come and go every day and if people didn't feel like they were getting a commensurate amount of value for the money they invest in Apple products, they wouldn't keep buying them. Everybody has tried out a PC- Everybody has tried out an Android, but Apple still breaks records on their market cap and it's not because of remaining *trendy* for over 20 years.
First line of the original post:
I'm sure you have different and countless reasons to hate Apple. I'm not particularly fond of the company myself. But there's something I just can't understand: no audio jack = tragedy

Your other issues with them are irrelevant to this topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT