Hacking HDD not recognized by Nintendont or Wiiflow

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install over them. You don't need to remove the old one first, but that won't fix the HBC not being able to see the drive. It uses IOS 58 (stock Nintendo) by default.

ShoulderMonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just install over them. You don't need to remove the old one first, but that won't fix the HBC not being able to see the drive. It uses IOS 58 (stock Nintendo) by default.
Looking at the compatibility list, I was hoping my drive was at least one of the ones that are fine with Loaders even though not with the HBC. I installed dx2-v10-beta52, cIOS 57 on slot 249 and 56 on 250, having read some of Cyan's posts. (Also 58 on 251, but I think I misunderstood a bit. It being there now probably doesn't matter.)
This changed nothing in either Wiiflow or Nintendont. However, I see posts about changing which cIOS these programs load games in, like in USBLoader's settings. How would I do that for Wiiflow and Nintendont? I noticed Wiiflow itself uses IOS 58 which can't be changed, and I think the same for Nintendont, but I see posts about being able to set different cIOS options for all games or individual ones. But, if the loaders themselves can't access the HDD, then I suppose there's no chance I can even get to those settings for the games, huh?
I thought about reformatting the drive to a different type since some people have found success doing so, but that would be sacrificing compatibility and thus just isn't worth it to me.

At this point, I'm throwing in my towel... :sleep: I found 4 different HDDs from the compatibility list that have good specs, are still available, and are cheap enough. (Seagate, WD, or Verbatim?)
However, I'm tight on cash now, and it would be irresponsible to just splurge on something I'd only play on every other blue moon mainly when I have company, so I'll have to wait a while...

I really wanted to get it to work since my brother so kindly bought it, but now he'll just have extra space I guess. :unsure:

Thank you guys for all your help! If anything, I learned quite a bit from you all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь